Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 1, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #15,916 of 36,110
  Heh, a commenter on this story came to head-fi to look at K10's after I also commented.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cut-size-not-sound-9-001509554.html?bcmt=1446393123824-60a24d48-914e-46f4-87a1-0848732a2fb4_00002b000000000000000000000000-53626b83-5347-48f8-ac18-b3c7634d1b40&bcmt_s=u#mediacommentsugc_container

That's a cute article - 9 IEMs - two are Audioflys and a Bose is included. Just precious.

Nov 1, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #15,919 of 36,110
So, the K10 has a sound that is somewhat in the same neighborhood of the Shure 846? Just asking

I'd share my thoughts but probably easier just to read my K10 review. Cheers

Nov 1, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #15,921 of 36,110

Great recap (including video) of Noble's presence at Fujiya Avic Fall 2015 by John Darko of DAR.​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Did someone ask you the square root of 59347687346 or something in that picture? 
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #15,922 of 36,110
Guys they get here tomorrow. I've already paid the taxes (was around 36 bucks, not bad at all). I need to make sure I schedule some time to work on projects alone, and not be at my desk at work at the end of the day.

It feels like Christmas Eve. Can't wait for tomorrow...

Nov 1, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #15,923 of 36,110
  Guys they get here tomorrow. I've already paid the taxes (was around 36 bucks, not bad at all). I need to make sure I schedule some time to work on projects alone, and not be at my desk at work at the end of the day.

Enjoy! The wait will have been worth it. 

Nov 1, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #15,925 of 36,110

Dude you are making me excited.. Congrats.. Post some pics when you get them ( the whole package I mean)

Nov 2, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #15,926 of 36,110

Recieved mine an hour ago. Been listeining since then and I have to leave for work so first impressions. Great packaging. Simple, refined and effective and I can see why people love Peli cases. Bigger case too than the old storm box. Love the sound. Might switch for this as my daily iem and leave the Noble 3 for when I want more fun.  

Nov 2, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #15,927 of 36,110
So I've been mostly a silent Noble user for the past 15 months. Brannan had made me a pair of K10 customs & I still owe him a review which I've yet to produce. However every time there's a Noble exhibit at a local show I pop by the Noble store to listen to the K10 universals. For some reason they agree more to my ears than the customs I've had. Maybe I don't have a good fit? Brannan had done an awesome job of even checking my K10's & cleaned/tuned-check them.

Anyway, fast forward 15 months later the Noble K10U Aluminums make a show at the Fujiya Autumn Headphone Festival 2015. I naturally tried them again. Now if the Shures KSE1500 didn't debut at the show, the Noble K10U Aluminums would have easily taken 1st prize. I was camping at the Noble exhibit waiting for Brannan to come back to ask him if I could have a loaner & the poor Noble/Wagnus boys had to tolerate me asking them...."Is he back?". Still I missed Brannan.

Before I bore you guys any longer, I'll get into today's story. I have just left the e-earphone store 20 mins ago where I gave the K10U Al's a good listen against my custom K10s & other earphones. The K10U Al's have the ability to reproduce space is simply surreal. Not just that, but the way it uses that space is exceptional. I was listening to Quiet Winter Night by the Hoff Ensemble & the K10U Al's create this vast virtual space & fills the void with full wholesome sound yet not sound congested. Instruments & vocals don't overlap each other - the detail & precision gives each instrument its own identity yet they all work harmoniously to form a majestic masterpiece.

The K10U's abilities to grab one's attention to certain points of a musical piece yet not lose focus of the overall presentation is simply unbelievable. A visual analogy is like watching Godzilla on 3D iMax majestically exiting from the ocean onto shore - that grand scene grabs one's attention with all the details of the texture of his skin to the slithering of his tail on the sand yet not losing sight of his enormous torso and head towering over everyone. There's all these details but it all comes together to form this grand picture.

Tonally the K10U Al gives a very wholesome big sound. The bass impact is deep, powerful and 3 dimensional. The midrange is also rich and at least to my ears a little more focused on the upper midrange whilst the trebles are very airy. Depending on the track it can sound a little sibilant however not unbearable.

For one reason or another my custom K10s don't thrill me as much as the K10U Al's. The K10U Al's seem more precise and feels it has greater resolution. More surprisingly is comparing to the Layla's, they seem to lack the dynamism, resolution, and impact of the K10U Al's.

Nov 2, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #15,928 of 36,110
So, the K10 has a sound that is somewhat in the same neighborhood of the Shure 846? Just asking

I actually think that they are distant cousins. Both have lush, weighty mids that are excellent in portraying intimate and vocals. Both also have very good bass - the SE846 bests the K10 (and almost every other IEM) in sub-bass extension and rumble, but loses out to the Noble flagship in texture and detail. Both also have treble as its weakest component (in relative terms). Overall, the SE846 holds its own very well, but ultimately gives way to the K10 in micro detail, soundstage size and imaging. It's a fine separation between the 2, and mind you, the K10 is twice as expensive. Still, if you're going to go all out, you might as well go for the best.

Nov 2, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #15,930 of 36,110
Originally Posted by AnakChan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Before I bore you guys any longer, I'll get into today's story. I have just left the e-earphone store 20 mins ago where I gave the K10U Al's a good listen against my custom K10s & other earphones. The K10U Al's have the ability to reproduce space is simply surreal. Not just that, but the way it uses that space is exceptional. I was listening to Quiet Winter Night by the Hoff Ensemble & the K10U Al's create this vast virtual space & fills the void with full wholesome sound yet not sound congested. Instruments & vocals don't overlap each other - the detail & precision gives each instrument its own identity yet they all work harmoniously to form a majestic masterpiece.

The K10U's abilities to grab one's attention to certain points of a musical piece yet not lose focus of the overall presentation is simply unbelievable. A visual analogy is like watching Godzilla on 3D iMax majestically exiting from the ocean onto shore - that grand scene grabs one's attention with all the details of the texture of his skin to the slithering of his tail on the sand yet not losing sight of his enormous torso and head towering over everyone. There's all these details but it all comes together to form this grand picture.

Tonally the K10U Al gives a very wholesome big sound. The bass impact is deep, powerful and 3 dimensional. The midrange is also rich and at least to my ears a little more focused on the upper midrange whilst the trebles are very airy. Depending on the track it can sound a little sibilant however not unbearable.

For one reason or another my custom K10s don't thrill me as much as the K10U Al's. The K10U Al's seem more precise and feels it has greater resolution. More surprisingly is comparing to the Layla's, they seem to lack the dynamism, resolution, and impact of the K10U Al's.

Thanks for the impressions! Real eager to give them a try when I head over to Tokyo next week. Are the Savants also in store at E-Earphone? My AK240 is all ready for a night out (or day out, for that matter) with some mighty fine IEMs. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back