Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 2, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #15,946 of 36,104
Actually I meant durability rather than build quality. Anodized aluminum can be prone to scratches ie. Early iPhones and HTC phones

Refer to the first photo, and u will see no marks

So unless they were dropped and kicked down several flights of stairs between photos, I doubt those are "chip marks."

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 2, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #15,947 of 36,104
Refer to the first photo, and u will see no marks

So unless they were dropped and kicked down several flights of stairs between photos, I doubt those are "chip marks."

If that's how durable they are, count me interested

Nov 2, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #15,949 of 36,104

It has to be a lighting thing. Don't tell Brannan, but the shells I handled were dropped from good heights and, occasionally, kicked. If you drug them across concrete, that's one thing. But otherwise, these things should look pretty damn good and hold up well to all daily wear, tear, and abuse.

Nov 2, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #15,950 of 36,104
So the new K10UA sound even better than customs now?

Now they're more tempting than ever. Would love to get them as a partner for my Layla. Probably can't ask for more on the road.

Nov 2, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #15,951 of 36,104
AnakChan, do the new K10u sound different from the acrylic K10u? Because I tried the latter and while they sound very good, they did not take me on a date with Michelle Pfeiffer like you seem to suggest.

I didn't get a chance to compare side-by-side to the acrylic K10u but I recall those seemed to have thrilled me more too than the customs. However not tried comparing the acrylic to the Al in universal forms.

Now they're more tempting than ever. Would love to get them as a partner for my Layla. Probably can't ask for more on the road.

To -my- customs.

Nov 2, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #15,952 of 36,104
Actually I meant durability rather than build quality. Anodized aluminum can be prone to scratches ie. Early iPhones and HTC phones

It is important to note that anodizing aluminium does not increase the "strength" of the material. 

Anodize coatings on phones tend to be very thin. Comparatively, the K10U has a thick anodize coating which means that through reasonable usage the colors and surface texture will be retained better over time. 

Of course, one could damage the new K10U if desired, but in our experience it is very tough to do if you are using them normally.

Nov 2, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #15,954 of 36,104

Where the cable connects?

It has to be a lighting thing. Don't tell Brannan, but the shells I handled were dropped from good heights and, occasionally, kicked. If you drug them across concrete, that's one thing. But otherwise, these things should look pretty damn good and hold up well to all daily wear, tear, and abuse.

After reading the last page I think its glue so they cannot be detached and taken.

Nov 2, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #15,957 of 36,104
What's funny is that I found the K10u to be a bit more lively (more contrast between bass and mids) than my personal K10 custom. I was in a meet, used my own, non-custom tips, and hadn't yet had alcohol. All are factors I'm sure. But I believe the sound is different. Personally, I dig the extra edge.

Nov 2, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #15,958 of 36,104

While they do sound great, they're K10's after all, having listened to both versions of the Universals I didn't detect anything majorly different, although some might due to the deeper insertion depth with the new case. Neither sounded as good as my K10 customs because they just fit so well and have isolation and comfort that I haven't been able to match in any universal, Noble or otherwise. YMMV of course. 

And now with the K10's and my new Mojo/AK100 stack I'm happier with the Nobles then ever!

Cheers 

Nov 3, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #15,959 of 36,104
  It's possible that I ordered mine right before that started -- I ordered on 8/31.

I'm not too worried about it either way, the case seems solid enough to me.

May I ask what date your impressions landed at the lab? My impressions landed a little over 3 weeks ago so I am closing in on the halfway point.

Nov 3, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #15,960 of 36,104
  May I ask what date your impressions landed at the lab? My impressions landed a little over 3 weeks ago so I am closing in on the halfway point.

My order was officially started on August 31. I got the email saying they were done on October 27. Pretty much 8 weeks exactly. If you have any questions, though, don't hesitate to email Brannan. Despite my insanity through the process, he was cool and helpful throughout.

As for first listen: my team lead came over after work, and then I watched football (I'm a Panthers fan, that game tonight...). Thankfully, I have some blocks tomorrow where I can spend a few hours of alone time working on a project and giving these a nice listen.

I know, I'm awful :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back