Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 16, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #29,941 of 36,116
Cool, I still have a stash of T-500s as they tend to have a finite life. The silicon ones tend to walk out of my ears once they've been in a while. Possibly the Comply Smartcore might be the way to go looking at the profile of Khan's bore and the Smartcore cross section. Something to worry about nearer the time though.

Remember, don't force them, get a bigger hammer. :wink: If they break, they needed replacing anyway. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apr 16, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #29,945 of 36,116
Wow, just heard that my Khans are ready to ship! I wasn't expecting that so soon! Happy days!

giggitty-giggity-goo-alright.jpg

Apr 16, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #29,947 of 36,116
The price tag on those cables, holy smokes. Good thing I already have the Gold X Silver cable, no need to splurge again.
3rd party cables are never cheap, though. The Holy Sheep is definitely in line with the top-end offerings from other cable manufacturers.

With that said, aftermarket cables usually add that final few percentage points of extra performance.. and look really, really pretty while doing so.

Apr 16, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #29,948 of 36,116
3rd party cables are never cheap, though. The Holy Sheep is definitely in line with the top-end offerings from other cable manufacturers.

With that said, aftermarket cables usually add that final few percentage points of extra performance.. and look really, really pretty while doing so.

I would love to see profit margins from cable makers.

Apr 17, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #29,950 of 36,116
20190416_224928.jpg

@Watagump Was incredibly helpful giving that gentle nudge that I needed to pull the trigger on the Khans at Axpona. I am glad that I did they sound great. It was also cool to meet Jim and Fume really great people.

Here is a quick and dirty comparison with one of the other children.

I am really liking the khan and Solaris. The roxannes don't see too much use at the current time. I will post some comparisons with the Solaris and Khan if anyone is interested. They both sound good and have different strengths. I find the Khan to have better treble than the Solaris and also better low bass response. The Solaris seems to be thicker in the mid bass as well as in the mids. They are different flavors and originally I was going to put to solaris up for sale but I don't think that will be happening I like both sets. The Khan plays better with a wide range of sources with no hiss at all. I am going to give it a shot with the ALO CV5 and see what happens.

Let me know if you would like a more in depth comparison. I just need a bit more time with the Khan before I can make a final judgement.

Apr 17, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #29,951 of 36,116
I would love to see profit margins from cable makers.

Profit margins? Off the charts lol

That said, the price point for Holy Sheep & Crystal Lily look pretty much in line/cheaper than the Wagnus counterparts? Aureole looks to be the worst value of the three.

Not that I’m spending anywhere near that much on a cable - I’ve tried enough cables to know that for me (trying not to start any debates here), they make little to no difference :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apr 17, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #29,952 of 36,116
@tjxism Did you ever find out what was wrong with the store demos? Asking because two people here had a 2-pin connector on their Khan melt.

@FullCircle Do you think that's an issue with the unit itself? Cable? Something else along the audio chain? It looks like SoundSquare addressed it quickly, so the owners seemed satisfied with the response, but they were concerned about it possibly happening again in the future.

Apr 17, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #29,953 of 36,116
@tjxism Did you ever find out what was wrong with the store demos? Asking because two people here had a 2-pin connector on their Khan melt.

@FullCircle Do you think that's an issue with the unit itself? Cable? Something else along the audio chain? It looks like SoundSquare addressed it quickly, so the owners seemed satisfied with the response, but they were concerned about it possibly happening again in the future.

I know at least 4 guys including me having the same issue...all of us are now waiting for replacement from the dealer in HK....
For my case...the left unit have no bass at all right out of the box and the connectors seems cracked. so I returned it to the shop immediately on the same day I purchased it..... (i have not plug in any third party cables)

Attachments

• IMG_20190330_110711.jpg
    IMG_20190330_110711.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #29,954 of 36,116
I know at least 4 guys including me having the same issue...all of us are now waiting for replacement from the dealer in HK....
For my case...the left unit have no bass at all right out of the box and the connectors seems cracked. so I returned it to the shop immediately on the same day I purchased it..... (i have not plug in any third party cables)

I spoke with Jim and Noble is going to be beefing the Khans up even more, so they are on top of the issue like white on rice.

Apr 17, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #29,955 of 36,116
Demoed the Khan today. Just as an aside, my dealer mentioned the issues discussed in this thread being a concern, but he isn't sure what's going on so I'll stay off that.

About the sound, the Khan seems like a refinement of the tuning which Noble implemented in their previous flagships (Katana, Encore) to a point of ridiculous clarity. It's definitely on the leaner, surgical, aggressive side. Not for everyone so do demo it. It's energetic yet precise. I might spend one more session with it just to re-evaluate but it's clarity was eye opening even A/Bing against the 18t among others. If anything I'd ask for it to be slightly more bodacious with a little more warmth but it would intrude on the pristine sound the Khan conveys.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back