Noise in background when volume is high
Feb 23, 2015 at 11:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Stanfoo

100+ Head-Fier
when i turn up the volume real loud, during the quiet parts i can hear a staticy sound, sounds like "chhhhhhhhh".

- what is this noise called? static? distortion?
- what can i do to remove it if possible? or reduce it? besides lowering the volume. do certain dac/amps help with this?

ps. when using my hd598 i barely notice it, but when i tried with hd700 i could more noticeably hear the static sound. why is this?

Feb 23, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #3 of 8
Man: "Doc it hurts when I do this."

Doc: "Don't do that."

very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 24, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #5 of 8
Hmm, I'm a bit surprised, I was guessing it was probably coming from a low-quality soundcard, but the E17/E09K should be doing a fairly good job. Seems like it has to be either noise encoded in the digital signal that is then being amplified by the E09K, or it's noise that is being added by the E17/E09K.

Feb 24, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #6 of 8
i think it is the noise coming from the source being amplified because i have my volume very high so i guess its normal

that said is there any amps/dacs that is capable of reducing this kind of noise?

Feb 24, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #7 of 8
Does your headphone volume change when you change the volume of your TV? If it does, then the level of the signal coming from the TV might be too low. Some TVs can be set to "Fixed Volume" or "External Audio" that tells the TV that volume is being handled by an external device, so it knows not to mess with the volume of the signal being output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back