Noob help
Jan 12, 2013 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ColeLewis

New Head-Fier
I am looking to get some headphones. I am kinda new to all of the headphone gamea. My dad has some beats studios and gave them to me. I am looking for something better in the 400-200$ range. I am looking at the ultrasone pro 900's but I am wondering if there is something better. I listen to rap and rock. Also i have a fiio e11 that i picked up for my beats.

Jan 12, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
I am looking to get some headphones. I am kinda new to all of the headphone gamea. My dad has some beats studios and gave them to me. I am looking for something better in the 400-200$ range. I am looking at the ultrasone pro 900's but I am wondering if there is something better. I listen to rap and rock. Also i have a fiio e11 that i picked up for my beats.

It's a cliche, but just try out some stuff until you find what you like.  Neither the price you pay nor the opinions of others will necessarily change the way your ears respond to any given headphones.  I think one of the sillier things anyone can do is to take the thoughts of others, no matter how "experienced" they may be, as the gospel, especially with something as personal as sound.  Simple physiology dictates that we all hear things differently.

That said, I recommend going through Amazon for any initial purchases.  The dearth of "try before you buy" options in most places means you need to deal with a store that has an easy return policy, and Amazon fits that bill.

And generally speaking, a closed-back design will likely be a good starting point for someone who prefers rap and rock.  Those tends to provide a "punchier" response than open-backed options.

Try the Ultrasones.  You might love 'em, and the E11 ought to have plenty of power to drive them from a portable source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back