"Normal" Headphones - A new NYC CIEM start up
Aug 10, 2014 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

SpiderNhan

Headphoneus Supremus
I just came across this article today and I think this company is trying something very interesting. The fact that they don't have any way to let the customer demo their IEMs makes them even more curious. I'd like to stop by and check them out, but with no actual product to listen to I think I'll wait before paying them a visit. You can read more about them below.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/08/09/this-nyc-custom-headphone-startup-turned-its-office-into-retail-space-and-a-3d-printing-factory/

Aug 11, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #2 of 8
Here is there website for those interested

http://nrml.com/

Looks like one model available for $199 usd. Here are specifications listed on the site:

(Cable looks non-removable from pics)

Driver:
Type: 14mm Neodymium Dynamic
Sensitivity: 109 dB / mW
Impedance: 32 Ohms
Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz

Cable Lengths
Earpiece to Remote : 340mm
Total Length (Standard): 1130mm
Total Length (Long): 1605mm

Carrying case
Size: L: 119 x W: 84 x H: 27mm

Type
Type:
14 mm Neodymium Dynamic
:
14 mm Neodymium Dynamic

Mar 4, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #6 of 8
I just got mine and I am obsessed. Loving them. Sound quality is awesome (better than the myriad of headphones I've used in the past), and they really fit perfectly in my ears. I would definitely recommend them to anyone - especially if you want to take it to the next level with fit and sound. It's super simple to get them, and so fast. Peace out! 

Aug 29, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #7 of 8
Can't believe there isn't more talk about this place. Just discovered this having walked by it and then into it to check it out. Their retail space is huge. Dunno how they can afford the rent if they aren't selling a million of these, and at least some of them headfi'ers talking about it.

I didn't buy as I wanted to read impressions. Very surprised there are none here or in the other thread that died in 2014.

Jan 2, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #8 of 8
Reviving this thread.

For those who don't know normal has an android app that scans images of your ear. Then you customize and order the CEIMs right from your phone. 

I am considering doing this as I'm looking for CIEM, and this would be easier than finding an audiologist. However, if the quality of these is poor compared to doing it the long way, I will go with that option. 

Anyone have experience?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back