normalising volume across multiple headphone/iems
May 21, 2023 at 1:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

MouldyMilk

New Head-Fier
fairly new to the hobby. i just bought schiit vali 2++ as i want to try what tube amp is like while having ss amp mode to fall back to. currently im using r70x and blessing 2 dusk with it. i regularly forget to reset volume and toggle over to low gain after finishing using r70x, causing me to jumpscare myself and annihilate my ear drums every time i plug in b2d. i also really like the colour tube mode adds to the sound. so i would like to use b2d on high gain mode as well. i looked into ways to equalise/normalise volume as well as lower noise level when using iem on high gain. but all i can find is using impedence adaptor on the plug. does it work on multi driver iems like b2d? wouldn't the impedence adaptor affect different drivers differently and make the tuning sound completely out of wack? is there a good solution to this other than forking out more money to upgrade to multi output amp?

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2023 at 4:03 AM Post #3 of 3
ifi iEMatch+ claims to not only lower the volume, but actually improve the SQ. I have one and like it. It's also not exactly an impedance adaptor, there's more to it.

Maybe @iFi audio can answer your concerns about the multi-driver IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back