Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jul 19, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #3,227 of 6,461
silvergarde s2 got more sparkly Treble than any of Norne Audio Cables? or i am better with another one?

i am using Hifiman Susvara.
Feom my experience the silvergatde s2 has rich/pinchy bit tight bottom end. Exteneded in bottom end and highs. Upper end can be a little aggressive. I found it a little too much for my hd800 set up at times. Would work great i think with lcd range.

The silver draug however is very smooth and not aggressive. So far i have that with my lcd2 and waiting to try it with my hd800 that I’m expecting it to be great with

Hope that helps a bit

Jul 20, 2018 at 1:10 AM Post #3,228 of 6,461
Thanks for all the inputs guys ^^

Jul 21, 2018 at 4:24 AM Post #3,231 of 6,461
Has anyone have had any issues with Norne in the past? I’ve bought a cable from them but my order has been on processing for over a week and all my messages are being ignored.
There is no number to call to, so I’m starting to feel worried.
Trevor can take some time to get back

He will but it can take a few days at busier times.
Just send amother email.

Almost everyone feels that Trevor’s cables are great and the info he gives is very thorough and good.

On the other hand his (lack of) sticking to stated time frames is very ordinary at times. Sorry trevor :wink:

That’s the only trade off to his offerrings

I’m keenly awaiting some silver cables from him now

Edit: i always tell people that his cables are worth waiting for but there’s a good chance you’ll have to be patient and waaaaiiiittttt. He even offers money back guarantees if you want to return his cable when you try it or even (at times in the past) if you want to upgrade it - now that’s pretty fantastic for cables. Risk free. BUT ...,, patience is needed

Hope that helps shed some light and takes some worry away as it’s not outside the norm

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #3,232 of 6,461
Has anyone have had any issues with Norne in the past? I’ve bought a cable from them but my order has been on processing for over a week and all my messages are being ignored.

No worries, good things take time. Could be that you might get your cable in one, two, three month, but I‘m sure that you will be satisfied. Just stay chilled and if you don’t get any reply, send another mail...

Jul 21, 2018 at 5:44 AM Post #3,233 of 6,461
No worries, good things take time. Could be that you might get your cable in one, two, three month, but I‘m sure that you will be satisfied. Just stay chilled and if you don’t get any reply, send another mail...
Phon@ix i notice in your signature you list the lcd3 and a range of norne cables. May i ask for your views of how cables have matched with your lcd3 and anybother headphones? Ta

Jul 21, 2018 at 7:20 AM Post #3,234 of 6,461
Phon@ix i notice in your signature you list the lcd3 and a range of norne cables. May i ask for your views of how cables have matched with your lcd3 and anybother headphones? Ta

In my opinion all listed cables (balanced) sound much better than the creepy standard cord (the old Audeze wires were bad, but the new are a ****ing joke!).

My favorite is the Draug silver (silver).
Sound: Very open 3d stage, a lot of microdynamics, clear and silky but no harshness. Sounds fantastic and delivers the same effect like changing copper NF cables to good silver cables in your stereo system. There’s just more of everything, bass gets dryer and more accurate. You don’t get tired of it.

Draug2 (copper): Nice stage, less 3d, brighter bass (LCD2 style) than with the Draug Silver. Warm but clear sound. It never sounds exhausting. „It‘s like eating a steak with a lot of meat on the bone“.

Solv X2 (silver/copper mix): Clear, punchy sound in trebles and mids, less power in the bass. I was very exited when I listened to it the first time but I prefer the Draug2 when I want to get another sound timbre as easy as possible (by just changing the cable). It sounds richer than the Solv X2 and it’s definitely different to the Draug Silver. But!: The Solv X2 is a very good cable in this price range!

Sköll (copper - out of stock): Warmer and more organic sound than the standard cable.

Reign (silver / copper mix - out of stock): Can’t compare it to my other Nornes. Use it with a vintage Hifiman HE400 in my 2nd system. Sounds much better than the standard cord, perhaps it’s like the little brother of the Solv X2.

As always, it’s a matter of taste and the effect of cables depends on what kind of components you’re using (I‘m a big fan of Violectric and Audeze). „At some point, it doesn’t get better but different“...

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #3,235 of 6,461
In my opinion all listed cables (balanced) sound much better than the creepy standard cord (the old Audezes wires were bad, but the new are a ****ing joke!).

My favorite is the Draug silver (silver).
Sound: Very open 3d stage, a lot of microdynamics, clear and silky but no harshness. Sounds fantastic and delivers the same effect like changing copper NF cables to good silver cables in your stereo system. There’s just more of everything, bass gets dryer and more accurate. You don’t get tired of it.

Draug2 (copper): Nice stage, less 3d, brighter bass (LCD2 style) than with the Draug Silver. Warm but clear sound. It never sounds exhausting. „It‘s like eating a steak with a lot of meat on the bone“.

Solv X2 (silver/copper mix): Clear, punchy sound in trebles and mids, less power in the bass. I was very exited when I listened to it the first time but I prefer the Draug2 when I want to get another sound timbre as easy as possible (by just changing the cable). It sounds richer than the Solv X2 and it’s definitely different to the Draug Silver. But!: The Solv X2 is a very good cable in this price range!

Sköll (copper - out of stock): Warmer and more organic sound than the standard cable.

Reign (silver / copper mix - out of stock): Can’t compare it to my other Nornes. Use it with a vintage Hifiman HE400 in my 2nd system. Sounds much better than the standard cord, perhaps it’s like the little brother of the Solv X2.

As always, it’s a matter of taste and the effect of cables depends on what kind of components you’re using (I‘m a big fan of Violectric and Audeze). „At some point, it doesn’t get better but different“...
That info’s great.

I recently bought the silver draug for the lcd2 using an ss amp (cayin iha6). I am expecting some adapters to use the cable with my hd800 and with the lcd2 with a tube amp wa2 so that should be very interesting.

With the ss amp my first impressions is that i might need another option - copper cable (eg draug) or silvergarde for the lcd2/iha6 option. The lcd2 bottom end may have lost the reason i bought it with that combo - the warmth and bottom end

Thanks again for that

Jul 21, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #3,236 of 6,461
That info’s great.

I recently bought the silver draug for the lcd2 using an ss amp (cayin iha6). I am expecting some adapters to use the cable with my hd800 and with the lcd2 with a tube amp wa2 so that should be very interesting.

With the ss amp my first impressions is that i might need another option - copper cable (eg draug) or silvergarde for the lcd2/iha6 option. The lcd2 bottom end may have lost the reason i bought it with that combo - the warmth and bottom end

Thanks again for that

Think that the Draug 3 could be a good option for the LCD2 with the ss amp. As Trevor told me: „Draug 3 we consider as the most transparent copper occ litz cable while staying without fatigue and harshness. Draug 2 is not quite as transparent by comparison. Also Draug 3 is more flexible and comfortable overall physically.“ The Draug Silver isn‘t a cold cable (how it could sound if it would be built with bad quality silver wires), but the copper Draugs sound warmer.

PS: If you didn’t try some Violectric, Lake People or Niimbus gears - do it. Warm but very detailed, crispy, punchy sound. Perfect combo with the Audezes - IMHO

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #3,237 of 6,461

Sorry to hear about this issue.

Can you please trying sending me a direct email, I am sending you a PM now.
Emails are being replied to same day right now for everyone, so I am not sure what is going on with your email but we will figure it out.

You also should have received an email as soon as the order was put in.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #3,238 of 6,461
There is an equally good alternative to these cables, right? The wait times seem ridiculous. That it's one guy or whatever is no excuse when others are able to deliver in a more timely manner. Hire a couple more people if you're supposedly this good.

Jul 21, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #3,239 of 6,461
New (1st?) Draug3 with new copper and new clear tpu. I own several Norne and this new cable is so light with water like flexibility.
Imagine my surprise when I opened this thread to find someone had hacked my webcam and was showing my kit. lol Mine is the Solvine. Your Draug3 is gorgeous!
IMG_20180721_185605.jpg

Jul 22, 2018 at 1:44 AM Post #3,240 of 6,461
Imagine my surprise when I opened this thread to find someone had hacked my webcam and was showing my kit. lol Mine is the Solvine. Your Draug3 is gorgeous!

More than likely stolen your kit haha:gs1000smile:
Hacking your camera in realtime (in that position too) with you not being there.. unless he has telekinetic powers I'd like to learn his trick! Or he owns one of those spy drone flys secret agencies use. Lol
Both your cables look great :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back