Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Aug 9, 2019 at 5:28 AM Post #3,871 of 6,499
I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt. I've purchased cables from him before, but the latest experience doesn't seem up to his usual standards.

I ordered a silvergarde S3 and paid via PayPal. Have sent him two emails recently but no reply since 30 July.

Hope he is just busy making cables..!

Aug 9, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #3,872 of 6,499
I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt. I've purchased cables from him before, but the latest experience doesn't seem up to his usual standards.

I ordered a silvergarde S3 and paid via PayPal. Have sent him two emails recently but no reply since 30 July.

I agree, Trevor has been very quick response and might have some delays sometimes
But this time is really not up to his usual standard

Aug 9, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #3,873 of 6,499
I think he has been dealing with some personal family issues, which I do not feel is appropriate to divulge here. That said, a few delays and missed deadlines are standard fare for @TigzStudio --that just goes with the territory, but as everyone here is aware, he always delivers eventually, and his products are works of great craftsmanship.

In that respect, he has not changed, which is why he still has so many fans on this board. I do not like the delays and missed deadlines, anymore than anyone here. However, I understood right from the moment I started buying from him that he was always overextended, and was always trying to catch up on backed up, overdue, deliveries and work orders. One reason for that seems to be that he does not have many assistants (if he indeed has any at all), who can deliver the same quality of craftsmanship that he himself consistently does. He strikes me as someone who must personally either craft or oversee the crafting of every single cable that goes out the door, and those demanding conditions are what make the missed deadlines and delays inevitable.

I currently have a couple of orders from @TigzStudio that I have been chasing since, at least May. It took several backs and forths in
e-mail correspondence--not to mention missed deadlines and repeated reminders--before I could get price quotes for my orders, and then another similar waiting pattern before I could get an invoice and send payment, and then another waiting pattern which is still in progress till today, because I am still waiting for my orders to ship. Agreed : this is not exactly like Amazon Prime delivery services, and that sucks sometimes, but I have learnt to live with it, because, given the quality of the products that he always ends up delivering, I have found the hassle to be worth it. Which is why I currently own more products from Norneaudio (cables, interconnects, adapters, you name it) than I care to enumerate :). I feel certain that many posters in this forum who have dealt with @TigzStudio are all too familiar with the pattern I have just described, and in that sense, I may have been preaching to a few choirs... To those posters, I apologize for the longwinded speech. Still, I thought the present moment called for it :)

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #3,874 of 6,499

Right. He might just be catching up. But, I think I'll wait a bit, before committing to a purchase.

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #3,875 of 6,499
Family problems. Give the guy a break. Talking about hand-made goods in what is after all a totally boutique industry.
Anyway I ordered a new S3 like 5 weeks ago and took delivery yesterday. I feel that is exemplary service, considering what he is going thru (I just did last year).
I told Trevor that he could do the Therium when convenient, as I do not yet have the new GSX Mini which is -again- the same type scenario with Justin at Headamp (ordered from a small high-quality / lower volume proprietor). Will it be worth the wait? Of course. Am I without quality SQ now as it is? Of course not. I once waited over a year to get a silver cable from another person and that with very little communication as to status for months at a time.

Headline news guys: THE WHOLE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU. Sometimes there are really extenuating circumstances that must be dealt with and no they won't wait. Sometimes it just is what it is.
Taking a much longer time frame outlook, I have used Trevor's cables exclusively for several years and they have been a good investment which have well stood the test of time.

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #3,877 of 6,499
Just give the guy some slack, he may have some stuff to sort more important than work. He is TOO nice IMO. Doesn't want to let folk down. I am waiting for an invoice for some plug convertors, but will wait. He will sort it.

TBH who builds stuff at this level for this price. If you really need to blow up on him, don't do it here, just quit and buy elsewhere.
Don't like to trash reputation as it takes years to build up.

Hope this helps.

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #3,878 of 6,499
Family problems. Give the guy a break. Talking about hand-made goods in what is after all a totally boutique industry.
Anyway I ordered a new S3 like 5 weeks ago and took delivery yesterday. I feel that is exemplary service, considering what he is going thru (I just did last year).
I told Trevor that he could do the Therium when convenient, as I do not yet have the new GSX Mini which is -again- the same type scenario with Justin at Headamp (ordered from a small high-quality / lower volume proprietor). Will it be worth the wait? Of course. Am I without quality SQ now as it is? Of course not. I once waited over a year to get a silver cable from another person and that with very little communication as to status for months at a time.

Headline news guys: THE WHOLE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU. Sometimes there are really extenuating circumstances that must be dealt with and no they won't wait. Sometimes it just is what it is.
Taking a much longer time frame outlook, I have used Trevor's cables exclusively for several years and they have been a good investment which have well stood the test of time.

Giving a break is fine... I don’t need the world revolve around me, but I just need someone to fulfill what he or she promised.
Disappeared time over time makes me desperate. And delaying a promised deal date time over time is really a pain.
I understand family problem is a problem, after he dealt with the family problem, he promised to ship at a stone delivery date but it delayed again.
It’s a forth time delay for my order with each time a stone delivery day.

I still have to say, Trevor’s cables are great, he is a very very nice guy. But delay for that much time is really pain for customer.

If he needs more time, I don’t mind he just reply or type it here that he needs more time. Then I will wait longer

I told him that it’s pain to have a stone delivery date but delay again, if he needs more time to take rest or need more time for his work, I am absolutely fine. I can wait if he really give me a STONE delivery date.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #3,879 of 6,499
Just give the guy some slack, he may have some stuff to sort more important than work. He is TOO nice IMO. Doesn't want to let folk down. I am waiting for an invoice for some plug convertors, but will wait. He will sort it.

TBH who builds stuff at this level for this price. If you really need to blow up on him, don't do it here, just quit and buy elsewhere.
Don't like to trash reputation as it takes years to build up.

Hope this helps.

Trevor builds great quality stuff and has a top standard as other higher pricing company. Does that mean the delivery date can be delayed again and again?
Isn’t it a common practice that if you promised someone something, you should do it if you want to keep the reputation? ( in my case, it’s delayed again again and again)
I don’t want to post here but it’s taken too too long for my orders with like at least three promised stone shipping date.

If promise is not a promise, so why do you say it?
I think if it’s because of the price that is lower than other cable company, so we can tolerate the delay of delivery time. I don’t know what is the common sense right now..

Aug 9, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #3,880 of 6,499
Take it easy and be happy that you will get a very good new cable when it’s finished. I‘m in contact with Trevor since 12/2018 concerning two new cables for a friend and me. So what! I‘m very satisfied that they do such great stuff and I don’t know any company who does better cords for headphones. Take it as a patience training in our super fast world and stay curious about what you will get from Norne... :k701smile:

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #3,881 of 6,499
Take it easy and be happy that you will get a very good new cable when it’s finished. I‘m in contact with Trevor since 12/2018 concerning two new cables for a friend and me. So what! I‘m very satisfied that they do such great stuff and I don’t know any company who does better cords for headphones. Take it as a patience training in our super fast environment and stay curious about what you will get from Norne... :k701smile:
I agree Trevor’s cable can never be replaced by other high end quality cable company as I have different top cables, Trevor’s one is very delicated and I don’t have other cables that can do the sound signature like that.

I will just wait longer, and as what you said, a patience training to myself. I just can’t tolerate more at that moment earlier today, it’s so hard to wait and expect and disappointed and expect again and disappoint again...‍♂️♂️♂️

Aug 9, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #3,882 of 6,499
Desperate for a headphone cable? Wow get a life. I would have to place a cable WAY DOWN on the list of things to be truly desperate for.

Aug 9, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #3,883 of 6,499
Desperate for a headphone cable? Wow get a life. I would have to place a cable WAY DOWN on the list of things to be truly desperate for.
Everyone has different standard, I treat listening to headfi as a very high priority in my life. I devote a lot of time to tune and listen to my system, I enjoy everything I did and every component I ordered.

Maybe it’s a bit exaggerated using desperate, as I don’t have much vocabulary to describe

Aug 9, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #3,884 of 6,499
Everyone has different standard, I treat listening to headfi as a very high priority in my life. I devote a lot of time to tune and listen to my system, I enjoy everything I did and every component I ordered.

Maybe it’s a bit exaggerated using desperate, as I don’t have much vocabulary to describe
Please have patience.Trevor's only human and subject to the same interruption's and delays in life as the rest of us.
Rest assured that we're all in this together and will get our cables in due time.

Aug 9, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #3,885 of 6,499
Please have patience.Trevor's only human and subject to the same interruption's and delays in life as the rest of us.
Rest assured that we're all in this together and will get our cables in due time.

If you think 4th time delay of the promised due time, I am not having enough patience then that’s fine.
Anyway, I will expect a longer shipping date after his 4th promised due time to me.

Thanks for your advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back