Not satisfied with the Akg k240 need help finding replacements
Jan 25, 2021 at 7:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Promicro

New Head-Fier
I bought a pair of AKG K240 like 2 years ago and I'm not satisfied with the sound, I regret investing in the whole open back thing.

I always used cheap closed back headphones so I thought open back weren't going to be such a problem for me, but I was wrong. I can't focus on the music and every single background click, noise or even the sound of the pc fans annoys me I'm really sensitive when it comes to that I noticed. It's especially annoying when you listen to stuff with a lot of silence in between.
The sound is also very unimpressive to me, the bass is lacking almost non existent, it happens that some songs just lack the bass so much that I cant hear a simple bassline, And it just feels like I'm not ''getting immersed into the music'' like I used to before with far worse and cheaper headphones. I guess it's because I like to be close to the music (closed back).

I want to ask for some recommendations regarding headphones. I need a quality headphones like AKG K240 but closed back and with bass. One thing I enjoy with my pair of AKG's is the comfort, I used to get headaches after using other ''heavier'' headphone so I thought maybe the K 271 MKII, how's the isolation there and bass??

Nothing crazy expensive something around the price of AKG K240 or K 271 MKII

Jan 26, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #2 of 3
Meze 99 is a ripoff of the K240 styling wise but is closed. Most people say it is lively and a good pair of cans with good bass. Not expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back