Oblivion | UltraSonic Studios
Sep 12, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #7,397 of 7,492
And of course the older we get the simpler the better! Take care Gramps, have to start breakfast, Still converse with Colin, he is doing well.

Sep 12, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #7,399 of 7,492
No, SonicTrance does not produce anymore amplifiers. He is deceased.
Sorry to break the news but Sonic Trance passed away in Feb 2023 this year. He's looking down from heaven with pride at all the owners' positive feedback on his amps.
Oh, that's sad. great workmanship in these amps by the looks of I. i'm sure he's looking down with pride at the folks fortunate enough to have some of his work and enjoy it.

Sep 12, 2023 at 7:15 PM Post #7,400 of 7,492
Oh, that's sad. great workmanship in these amps by the looks of I. i'm sure he's looking down with pride at the folks fortunate enough to have some of his work and enjoy it.
We should all be so blessed to leave behind things that give people joy. He is gone way too soon but his passion lives on. I enjoy what he created every night.

Sep 13, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #7,401 of 7,492
And of course the older we get the simpler the better! Take care Gramps, have to start breakfast, Still converse with Colin, he is doing well.
Hi Don, good to see you on the forums. I also chatted with Colin recently and like yourself he has moved away from tubes in favor of high-end solid state. As long as we continue to find our musical nirvana, huh? Hope all of us old-timers age well and gracefully with music as our soundtrack. 🎶

Sep 13, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #7,402 of 7,492

March of 2023 is the saddest month of my head-fi life. I was so busy with work and then one day @triod750 showed me an obituary post about Tomas's death. I just couldn't process it for several minutes. I couldn't believe it. There was a lot of grief and sadness from all who knew him.

Then there was greater sadness when clients message me about what they lost from amps that they will never get. I had a heavy heart because most of these clients ordered base on my recommendation of Odyssey, Oblivion and Telemachus.

How do you deal with a sudden death and financial lost of customers who were eagerly awaiting their amps. It's only 7 months ago. Nobody talk about their financial lost publicly on the thread because it didn't seem like a decent thing to do at that time but I have great empathy for those who have lost thousands.

Sep 13, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #7,404 of 7,492
Wrong place.

Attachments

• 1694640525333.jpeg
    1694640525333.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 14, 2023 at 5:43 AM Post #7,407 of 7,492
March of 2023 is the saddest month of my head-fi life. I was so busy with work and then one day @triod750 showed me an obituary post about Tomas's death. I just couldn't process it for several minutes. I couldn't believe it. There was a lot of grief and sadness from all who knew him.

Then there was greater sadness when clients message me about what they lost from amps that they will never get. I had a heavy heart because most of these clients ordered base on my recommendation of Odyssey, Oblivion and Telemachus.

How do you deal with a sudden death and financial lost of customers who were eagerly awaiting their amps. It's only 7 months ago. Nobody talk about their financial lost publicly on the thread because it didn't seem like a decent thing to do at that time but I have great empathy for those who have lost thousands.
They have got back their refund right ?

Sep 14, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #7,408 of 7,492

Users who are viewing this thread

Back