Obscure Chinese DAPs
May 3, 2024 at 9:22 AM Post #8,131 of 8,143
1000014061.jpg

Trying 2 DACs and 3 wires. Not working. USB tester also doesn't works

May 3, 2024 at 10:18 AM Post #8,132 of 8,143
Hi.

For the FA3 or FA3S, Can you please tell what are all the options that appear when the divice is "now playing", and the on/off button is pressed? (repeat shuffle etc).

Thank you
Play mode (play music from all songs/album/artist/genre, repeat, shuffle)
Sound setting (equalizer)
Audio output mode (IIS, SPDIF)
Add to playlist (pl on the go #1-#3)
Remove from playlist (pl on the go #1-#3)
Sleep timer (off, set timer)

Fa3 and Fa3s (I have both, the latter is dead)

May 3, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #8,133 of 8,143

Trying 2 DACs and 3 wires. Not working. USB tester also doesn't works
Same results here. Have tried all configs within UAPP and dev options, and it refuses to output audio via USB. Very disappointed as that is the only reason I bought this device - to use it with a dongle DAC.

Anyone have any recommendations for an inexpensive dap that is CONFIRMED to output audio over USB? Android or not, just needs to output audio over USB.

Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 1:44 AM Post #8,134 of 8,143
Play mode (play music from all songs/album/artist/genre, repeat, shuffle)
Sound setting (equalizer)
Audio output mode (IIS, SPDIF)
Add to playlist (pl on the go #1-#3)
Remove from playlist (pl on the go #1-#3)
Sleep timer (off, set timer)

Fa3 and Fa3s (I have both, the latter is dead)
Thanks a lot for answering. The Fa1 and XS02 had the A-B repeat feature and the study mode (skip seconds within a song by pressing the rew/FF buton). I am looking for this feature and I saw an Fa3 for sale, but since it doesn´t have this features. I will not buy it. It´s a shame. Cowon DAPs also have these features but they are no longer manufacturated, and the ones in ebay are overpriced. Thanks again

May 4, 2024 at 2:37 AM Post #8,135 of 8,143
Same results here. Have tried all configs within UAPP and dev options, and it refuses to output audio via USB. Very disappointed as that is the only reason I bought this device - to use it with a dongle DAC.

Anyone have any recommendations for an inexpensive dap that is CONFIRMED to output audio over USB? Android or not, just needs to output audio over USB.
ours Z80 doesnt support OTG dear

May 4, 2024 at 2:58 AM Post #8,136 of 8,143
How did you get USB DAC to work? I've tried with apple dongle, Fiio K5 Pro, Fiio btr5, VE Megatron and more. The audio never gets routed to USB.

I enabled dev options and tried all selections in the list. What parameters are you using that allow for USB DAC function?
IMG-20240502-184942.jpg
Select Audio Source and restart the player. After restarts select Audio Source again if it's not selected. Try to connect USB dac if not working disconnect dac and select MTP and then Audio Source and connect USB dac. Sometimes is not working, but this is how I manage to make it work.
it generally works for me after a restart

Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 3:09 AM Post #8,137 of 8,143
Select Audio Source and restart the player. After restarts select Audio Source again if it's not selected. Try to connect USB dac if not working disconnect dac and select MTP and then Audio Source and connect USB dac. Sometimes is not working, but this is how I manage to make it work.
it generally works for me after a restart
Doesn't work. If Player doesn't support OTG then no USB Audio and DAC

May 4, 2024 at 3:43 AM Post #8,139 of 8,143
On my Z80 USB audio works, but as I said sometimes I must restart it and reselect Audio Source.
Do you have a photo with working USB-DAC? :)

May 4, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #8,141 of 8,143
How did you get USB DAC to work? I've tried with apple dongle, Fiio K5 Pro, Fiio btr5, VE Megatron and more. The audio never gets routed to USB.

I enabled dev options and tried all selections in the list. What parameters are you using that allow for USB DAC function?
IMG-20240502-184942.jpg
I think what he meant was that you can connect a USB DAC dongle to the "Z80". And not the "Z80" to your phone...

May 4, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #8,143 of 8,143
Thanks a lot for answering. The Fa1 and XS02 had the A-B repeat feature and the study mode (skip seconds within a song by pressing the rew/FF buton). I am looking for this feature and I saw an Fa3 for sale, but since it doesn´t have this features. I will not buy it. It´s a shame. Cowon DAPs also have these features but they are no longer manufacturated, and the ones in ebay are overpriced. Thanks again
I checked for A-B repeat and "study mode" on the F Audio Fa3, Xs-03 and S1. No, none of them have it. Since I never use repeat I didn't know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back