Obscure Chinese DAPs
Apr 18, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #8,116 of 8,133
Apr 18, 2024 at 10:36 AM Post #8,117 of 8,133
I recently bought this player from aliexpress and I can say that the android interface is quite fluid, you can install streaming applications, but the sound quality is quite poor without details. I am not satisfied with the sound quality.
What about USB DAC? Z80 does support?

Apr 18, 2024 at 1:05 PM Post #8,120 of 8,133
I recently bought this player from aliexpress and I can say that the android interface is quite fluid, you can install streaming applications, but the sound quality is quite poor without details. I am not satisfied with the sound quality.
How is the bluetooth ? Stable and strong ?

Apr 19, 2024 at 12:11 PM Post #8,122 of 8,133
Innoasis Android iPod inspired player. TRN MT4 IEM's
1000005289.jpg
I have to report this player glitches with a metallic screech about every half hour of continuous play. Bummer as it would have been a great light weight airport player. I used to use my clip zip when flying. My ancient iPod photo plays the files without problems so it's not he files.

Apr 23, 2024 at 7:38 AM Post #8,123 of 8,133
hello friends, any recommendation for a cheap but useful DAP? i like the xduoo x2s form factor, so something similar would be my need. i prefer buttons over a touch screen, if possible. small but usable is my important note. I have the shanling m0 pro but the touch screen doesn't feel like the best option in that kind of form factor. thank you

Apr 25, 2024 at 8:13 PM Post #8,125 of 8,133
Interesting. Compared with my F.Audio FA3s it adds, according to AliExpress:
- Bluetooth, 4.4 bal output, low/high gain, support to pcm 32/768 and dsd1024 (I would not use such GB-guzzler formats...) and a mysterious "switch music seamlessly" does it mean gapless play...?

It loses:
- Class A amplification

two ES dac instead of two CS dac
Maybe longer battery life (but FA3s is good already, 20 hours)
It does not have reset pinhole, reset is made by long pressing the power button as I read on AliExpress.
The FA3s has reset pinhole but can be resetted same way, rendering the pinhole useless (I just discovered this!)
Hi.

For the FA3 or FA3S, Can you please tell what are all the options that appear when the divice is "now playing", and the on/off button is pressed? (repeat shuffle etc).

Thank uou

Apr 25, 2024 at 8:36 PM Post #8,126 of 8,133
I have both FA3 and FA3S. The SQ is similar, FA3 is a little warmer, FA3S has longer battery life, about 20 hours. And is cheaper than FA3. I can't find where to get the latest firmware of FA3S. Anyone knows?
Hi.

For the FA3 or FA3S, Can you please tell what are all the options that appear when the divice is "now playing", and the on/off button is pressed? (repeat shuffle etc).

Thank you

Apr 25, 2024 at 8:39 PM Post #8,127 of 8,133
My F.Audio XS04 sucking my phone acc like crazy in the dac mode cause it's charging while playing. Any idea, how i can power off charging process? Or can i contact f.audio somehow at least?
Hi.

For the XS04, Can you please tell what are all the options that appear when the divice is "now playing", and the on/off button is pressed? (repeat shuffle etc).

Thank uou

May 2, 2024 at 8:09 AM Post #8,128 of 8,133
I recently purchased i think what is a AIGO Moonlight M-1601 from Aliexpress for £35 as it was quite cheap, This looks the same as the Phinestic Z6 or Z6 Pro maybe with just different branding? I was wondering if the firmware for Z6 can be used to update the M1601 but i can't find anything online and don't know if it is the Z6 Pro or Z6 that should be used if at all. The main reason I want to update firmware is that the menus on the M-1601 are in both english and chinese so I would just like English as the Z6 has. Also the current firmware does that ordering issue where if you add new folders to SD card it doesn't put it in the alphabetic order but at the bottom of the sd card list. Does anyone have any idea how to update the firmware and what firmware to use for the M-1601. Thing is the box it was sent in has the Phinestic logo on it?
You have to run "FAT Sorter" each time you had some audio files onto your microSD card. This way, everything is sorted alphabetically.
FAT-Sorter_1.png

This is a native "Windows" binary but you can run it under "Linux" too using "Wine"...

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #8,129 of 8,133
Yes, it supports usb audio. Only this way you can get a quality sound, using an usb dac
How did you get USB DAC to work? I've tried with apple dongle, Fiio K5 Pro, Fiio btr5, VE Megatron and more. The audio never gets routed to USB.

I enabled dev options and tried all selections in the list. What parameters are you using that allow for USB DAC function?
IMG-20240502-184942.jpg

May 3, 2024 at 9:20 AM Post #8,130 of 8,133
How did you get USB DAC to work? I've tried with apple dongle, Fiio K5 Pro, Fiio btr5, VE Megatron and more. The audio never gets routed to USB.

I enabled dev options and tried all selections in the list. What parameters are you using that allow for USB DAC function?
IMG-20240502-184942.jpg
also doesnt work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back