Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE (Maple)
Nov 5, 2012 at 9:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,190

VisceriousZERO

Headphoneus Supremus
Just noticed there isn't a thread on this, nor is it listed in the Head Gear.

Ocharaku and Oak Village just released this IEM and I was able to see/aud them at the Tokyo Autumn Headphone Festival 2012:

Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE (Maple)
http://ocharaku.jp/sound/service/

(Scroll down for the english translation)

I really liked the maple wood midsection and just wanted to hear some ideas from you guys if you have any about the specs of these things.

EDIT - Fixed lacking info

Nov 6, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #4 of 1,190
The Kaede sounds like the Sui from what you said. But the price of it is more than double. I think that they are using the same 2x 10mm drivers. I own the Sui, i prefer it to Fitear F111.

Nov 6, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #6 of 1,190
oh wow verrry interesting, research time
Thanks for posting these

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #7 of 1,190
Thanks, guys, I have them but don't really know what to say about them since I don't really know Ocharaku.

I like them though. Nice on the ears, at least until something sibilant comes by.

Jan 23, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #9 of 1,190
Review from me coming Friday or Sunday. Comparison between the two is assumed. The Short: KAEDE: wow; SUI: hmm... I think sibilant isn't the right word. The Kaede is brighter than the SUI for sure, but sibilant it is not. There's a thick gut of music that pushes together too much in the SUI that the KAEDE renders with absolute precision and clarity (as far as dynamics go) that isn't in the game for many earphones out there. Price is a hard pill to swallow, but I don't think Ocharaku are competing on price. They are competing with the likes of Final Audio in a special niche, and owning it as far as addictive sound (not reference sound) is concerned. I just finished the photo shoot.

Jan 23, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #10 of 1,190
Quote:
Review from me coming Friday or Sunday. Comparison between the two is assumed. The Short: KAEDE: wow; SUI: hmm... I think sibilant isn't the right word. The Kaede is brighter than the SUI for sure, but sibilant it is not. There's a thick gut of music that pushes together too much in the SUI that the KAEDE renders with absolute precision and clarity (as far as dynamics go) that isn't in the game for many earphones out there. Price is a hard pill to swallow, but I don't think Ocharaku are competing on price. They are competing with the likes of Final Audio in a special niche, and owning it as far as addictive sound (not reference sound) is concerned. I just finished the photo shoot.

looking forward to your review. / comparison. The price is indeed high for the KAEDE.

Jan 26, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #14 of 1,190
They are not mine. I now want a pair. I only had them on a 3-week loan. I am now thinking very hard about selling a few things as this IEM really really rocks. The layered, detailed, natural sound is absolutely killer. THe cable is great... the entire thing is on my menu. If I don't show up much after publishing the review, it's because my wife found out.

Jan 26, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #15 of 1,190
Quote:
They are not mine. I now want a pair. I only had them on a 3-week loan. I am now thinking very hard about selling a few things as this IEM really really rocks. The layered, detailed, natural sound is absolutely killer. THe cable is great... the entire thing is on my menu. If I don't show up much after publishing the review, it's because my wife found out.

glad to hear it. For a second I thought they malfunctioned on you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back