Ocharaku Flat4-Sakura Plus (音茶楽 Flat4-緋櫻Plus)
Feb 24, 2016 at 12:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 143
It looks like our dear Yamagishi-san has been keeping himself busy. The Ocharaku Flat4-Sakura Plus was just announced and available for order/purchase in March. Price is approx USD$723.50 based on current exchange rates. Seems only 500 will be made. It looks like these Sakuras carry on where the Kaede's left off.

More info in Japanese can be found here: http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20160224_745111.html

Below is the regular 28mm pipe version :-

Whilst this is the 30mm piped version :-

Both will come in the usual Kaede-styled packaging :-

Feb 24, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #4 of 143
The difference between the Sakura & Alazakura is just the tube extension length difference of 28mm vs 30mm :-

http://ocharaku.jp/sound/service/

There's an English section.

As far as I can tell in terms of the difference from Kaede is this uses the wood from a Sakura (Cherry blossom) tree vs Kaede/Maple tree.

Drivers are the same 10mm in the same config design.

Feb 24, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #5 of 143
Cable also different, kaede 3 core/strands, sakura 4 core/strands

Looks like sakura is tuned to be "warm" earphone as opposed a rather clinical nature and "purist" tuning on kaede.

Feb 24, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #6 of 143
The difference between the Sakura & Alazakura is just the tube extension length difference of 28mm vs 30mm :-

http://ocharaku.jp/sound/service/

There's an English section.

As far as I can tell in terms of the difference from Kaede is this uses the wood from a Sakura (Cherry blossom) tree vs Kaede/Maple tree.

Drivers are the same 10mm in the same config design.

Thank you for your reply!

How does this tube extension affect the sound? How can i decide which version should i order? (it will be blind purchase)

Feb 24, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #7 of 143
Thank you for your reply!

How does this tube extension affect the sound? How can i decide which version should i order? (it will be blind purchase)
You'll have to read the other Ocharaku threads on the differences the tube extension on sound signature.

Right now no idea how one buys the Sakura+ from overseas.

Feb 25, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #8 of 143
You'll have to read the other Ocharaku threads on the differences the tube extension on sound signature.

Right now no idea how one buys the Sakura+ from overseas.

Thank you for your reply, AnakChan!

I've read the while thread but couldn't find any detailed info on the tube. As far as i can understand its length is dependant on ear canal length. I wonder if 2mm makes any difference at all.

Feb 25, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #9 of 143
Mar 11, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #10 of 143
So here's a little thread bump. The Flat4-SakuraPlus made it to the stores today (some folks who went to Jiyugaoka last weekend got an early demo & early bird purchase but I didn't make it).

The Salura wood has a lighter red brown tone to it than the Kaede. And to be honest I wasn't expecting a change in sound.

L-R: Sakura Std, Kaede 2 Std, Sakura Ext, Kaede 2 Ext (sorry for the iPhone pics)

I gave each probably a 8 min listen as I had limited time. Granted the Sakuras weren't probably as "exercised" as the Sakuras however from that quick listen I felt the Kaede 2 Ext to be the most balanced & mellowed of the lot for my ears. The Sakuras (maybe being new & need some driver flexing?) felt to be a little more upper mid focused. The std length tubes were even more so middish for my ears.

The reason why I focus on "my ears" so much is supposedly the different tube length offering is meant to be for folks who have different inner canal lengths, etc.

Anyway to sum it up, I left with the Sakura Ext. cos the Kaede 2 Ext are no longer available on the market (I should have persuaded Fujiya to see if they were willing to sell their demos).

I'll "exercise" these Sakuras to see if they change over time & provide a more in-depth (& less "new toy" thoughts).

Mar 11, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #11 of 143
So here's a little thread bump. The Flat4-SakuraPlus made it to the stores today (some folks who went to Jiyugaoka last weekend got an early demo & early bird purchase but I didn't make it).

The Salura wood has a lighter red brown tone to it than the Kaede. And to be honest I wasn't expecting a change in sound.

L-R: Sakura Std, Kaede 2 Std, Sakura Ext, Kaede 2 Ext (sorry for the iPhone pics)

I gave each probably a 8 min listen as I had limited time. Granted the Sakuras weren't probably as "exercised" as the Sakuras however from that quick listen I felt the Kaede 2 Ext to be the most balanced & mellowed of the lot for my ears. The Sakuras (maybe being new & need some driver flexing?) felt to be a little more upper mid focused. The std length tubes were even more so middish for my ears.

The reason why I focus on "my ears" so much is supposedly the different tube length offering is meant to be for folks who have different inner canal lengths, etc.

Anyway to sum it up, I left with the Sakura Ext. cos the Kaede 2 Ext are no longer available on the market (I should have persuaded Fujiya to see if they were willing to sell their demos).

I'll "exercise" these Sakuras to see if they change over time & provide a more in-depth (& less "new toy" thoughts).

When you say Ext - I presume you are referring to AKA (30mm -phase adjustor tube models) or is Ext some other released model ? thanks

Mar 11, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #12 of 143
When you say Ext - I presume you are referring to AKA (30mm -phase adjustor tube models) or is Ext some other released model ? thanks

Yes I meant 30mm.

Here are some better pix :-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back