OFFICIAL: 2017 North Carolina Meet
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #121 of 137
Had a great time! Wish I took more pictures, but thank you to everyone for your time and contributions!

@Afghan Vet it was great hearing the Zana Deux and Utopia, that jazz track was breath taking out of your set up

20170527_140601-01.jpeg

@nimbostruck14 thank you for bringing the SchiitStack it sounded excellent

@Army-Firedawg it was nice to get to hear the Hd650 and Ath 1000Z and W5000, hope you can find that prefect amp for it

@vagabond79 it was no problem, I'm happy we got to meet you today! Hope you enjoyed your time with us, and I'm positive we will see you again.

@TomNC that @Bill-P modded Hd 800 was amazing! Thank you so much for bringing it,

wish every one safe travels tonight and look forward to hearing everyone's impressions

GreensboroMeetMshenayTable.jpg 20170527_102836.jpg

Last edited:
May 27, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #122 of 137
The meet was great, I'm glad that I was able to attend and try many things that I've been wanting to for a while. I can't wait for the next meet.

May 28, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #123 of 137
Thank you again Nick for putting this meet together! (O-H-I-O....Go Bucks! :ksc75smile: ).

I thought the venue was fantastic - plenty of space - plenty of power outlets on the wall - good tables / chairs. As mentioned before - good to meet up with folks we have met before and to welcome those who were new to the group. I was able to listen to some very good headphones - I liked those ZMF cans (wish I had taken them over to the ZDS) and the HiFiman HE4's (again, wish I had heard them on the ZDS). I'm glad I got to listen to the Elears again....they are good, but.......It was also fun talking CIEMs (would be great to have an array of EE Universals to try out at a future meet :beerchug:). Marty.....It totally made my day when you pulled up beside my car! I was so happy to see you my friend!

And I enjoyed my first sampling of the Stax 009's - truly remarkable - looking forward to an extended demo! Lastly, it was fun reminiscing over the US Women's World Cup Final over Japan! :soccer:

Here are the few pics I took of the event.

DSC02570_zpsmpaynjmb.jpg

DSC02571_zpsjan8egix.jpg

DSC02572_zpsfckessgr.jpg

DSC02573_zpswyv5q5bf.jpg

DSC02574_zpsnmevuywa.jpg

DSC02575_zpsoxg9om6f.jpg

DSC02576_zps0dpureoc.jpg

DSC02577_zpsi8yebfxq.jpg

DSC02578_zpsb7csihrx.jpg

DSC02579_zpshfrmh7pm.jpg

DSC02580_zpsf9byl8hg.jpg

DSC02581_zpsb338udxp.jpg

DSC02582_zps48oxmcux.jpg

DSC02583_zps91ibfqev.jpg

DSC02584_zpsueghfqef.jpg

DSC02585_zpsgbcxmzlm.jpg

DSC02587_zpsapswdjnv.jpg

DSC02586_zpsidqjmhdx.jpg

DSC02588_zps1ggar44m.jpg

DSC02589_zpskh7jnhtl.jpg

DSC02590_zpshqcotaag.jpg

This is what it is about as they say!

DSC02591_zpsgr1hbefp.jpg

May 29, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #125 of 137
Do you have an email for us that would enable us to write a thank you letter to the College contact for the event.?

Those chairs were marvelous with having wheels on them, as it made moving them around with my powerchair easy.

Next year we will need to have an ice chest cooler, and napkins.

I wonder if can do this again in the Fall.? I have already started a new demo song list. Hearing my Beyers running through headphones amps has me on a new agenda, as I now want to get away from iPhones for sources and use a great CD player into a preamp.

May 29, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #126 of 137
@Afghan Vet I to wish I'd taken then Eikon over to your ZDS as well, it was stunning with my He 4!

While was a head fi meet, it was enjoyable getting to hear a little bit out your car stero, that soundtrack from King Arthur is pretty fun and powerful.

@16hz lover I think a small dac/amp combo unit plugged right into your iPhone/iPad would breathe some beautiful life into your 990s, and remind me what was that track you were listening with?

May 29, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #127 of 137
May 29, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #128 of 137
@Afghan Vet I to wish I'd taken then Eikon over to your ZDS as well, it was stunning with my He 4!

While was a head fi meet, it was enjoyable getting to hear a little bit out your car stereo, that soundtrack from King Arthur is pretty fun and powerful.

I'm glad you liked the ZDS with the HE-4 - it is good to hear that various headphones sound good to folks out of that amp. I know that I enjoy my 2 phones out of it, but it is cool to hear that you enjoyed the HE-4 out of it. I really wish I had played Xavier Rudd, Breeze.......I think you would have been really impressed with that music and with the sound out of the car.....and out of the HE-4's :)

May 29, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #129 of 137
Do you have an email for us that would enable us to write a thank you letter to the College contact for the event.?

Those chairs were marvelous with having wheels on them, as it made moving them around with my powerchair easy.

Next year we will need to have an ice chest cooler, and napkins.

I wonder if can do this again in the Fall.? I have already started a new demo song list. Hearing my Beyers running through headphones amps has me on a new agenda, as I now want to get away from iPhones for sources and use a great CD player into a preamp.

An email to contact is Steve who is my Radio show teacher and was the one who gave me access. His name is Steve Moran
The email is moransa@guilford.edu

May 29, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #130 of 137
Made it to KY around 730 safetly. It was awesome meeting all of you, and even some of you again! The gearpresented was amazing and everyone was open and welcoming in sharing there's.
Also the conversations I had with a few of you really made it for me personally.

So, on a side note, what is the name of this meet? We running with Carolina CanFest 6?
I'm glad you made it back well.
CanFest 6 might be a stretch, but I would be honored :wink:

May 29, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #132 of 137
I'm glad you liked the ZDS with the HE-4 - it is good to hear that various headphones sound good to folks out of that amp. I know that I enjoy my 2 phones out of it, but it is cool to hear that you enjoyed the HE-4 out of it. I really wish I had played Xavier Rudd, Breeze.......I think you would have been really impressed with that music and with the sound out of the car.....and out of the HE-4's :)

Really I'm just happy to have heard a SE tube amp that had the power to drive my HE 4 with such authority and sweetness! Good to know it'll continue to scale, and next time I'll have to do just that! Along with playing the Eikon through you ZDS, lastly I'll bet some of those King Arthur tracks would have been excellent out of the Eikon as well

Nov 2, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #134 of 137
I second the idea for a fall meet![/QUOTE]

I had a great time and enjoyed hearing all the phones and meeting all the great folks there. I deliberately tried to represent the "sparrow feed" end of the scale with what I brought, just to make things interesting. I've got a few nice cans that pretty much get me what I'm after. But it was great to meet so many new and interesting friends with different gear and informed perspective. I hear the next one's in Concord. Put me down for being an attendee next year! Best to all....

Nov 4, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #135 of 137
Welcome friend! And you're correct, the next NC meet is in concord on 17FEB from 09-1500. Check out the full forum for more details, mobile makes it difficult to post links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back