OFFICIAL Headphone Aesthetics Thread - The gorgeous and the hideously ugly!
Mar 3, 2013 at 6:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

scolaiw

100+ Head-Fier
Whether we like it or not, the aesthetics of our headphones can sometimes be a critical part in our choice in headphones. The extreme popularity of Beats headphones can at least in part be attributed to their particular looks. Since what you wear speaks a lot about you, the looks of your headphones are often just as important as the sound of your headphones. As much as how sound is a particularly subjective subject matter, so is aesthetics, so it goes without saying to please be respectful of each other's opinions.

This thread is dedicated to only the comparison of aesthetics of various headphones. Discuss your most attractive and grotesque headphones!

The gorgeous:

Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV (That marvelous closed-back wood finish!)

Ultrasone: Edition 10 (Is there anything the Edition 10 does wrong aesthetically?)

Sony: MDR-R10 (I think it's pretty obvious now that I like the look of the wood grains and having nature with my music)

The hideously ugly:

All full-sized V-Modas (Ok, I'm probably going to cop a lot of flak for this but they just look plastic-y and tacky to me)

Stax: SR-Sigma (Stax makes some of the best sounding headphones earspeakers in the world, but their design department needs to be fired ASAP! The SR-Sigma is the worst of the lot!)

AKG: K1000 (There's something very love-hate about the K1000s. Whilst you cant beat them with soundstage, they do look a little silly on your head)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back