Omiga Audio Defiants
May 23, 2004 at 8:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ipodstudio

Banned: - aka full monty - aka didikossa - aka R1D1 - aka migraineboy - aka setharmstrong - aka threavester - aka Sarah.B - aka javier - aka DoomV1 - aka JIAA
Anyone tried these cables?

Defian4.gif

May 24, 2004 at 8:59 AM Post #2 of 7
It's really quite insane when a single 1-metre length of cable sells for £400 (~$715 US). For that kind of money, you could get a well-equipped PPA and have money left over for a pizza and a six-pack.
cool.gif

D.

May 24, 2004 at 9:07 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demolition
It's really quite insane when a single 1-metre length of cable sells for £400 (~$715 US). For that kind of money, you could get a well-equipped PPA and have money left over for a pizza and a six-pack.
cool.gif

D.

True. I bought Cardas Neutral Refs for $180 ish and that's enough for me. Even that felt strange but what the heck...
That said, when you spend money on this kind of equipment, the money isn't gone, it's just temporarily out of action 'til you you sell it again..
smily_headphones1.gif
Well, most of it, anyways...try this thought, it does help..
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2004 at 9:45 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
True. I bought Cardas Neutral Refs for $180 ish and that's enough for me. Even that felt strange but what the heck...
That said, when you spend money on this kind of equipment, the money isn't gone, it's just temporarily out of action 'til you you sell it again..
smily_headphones1.gif
Well, most of it, anyways...try this thought, it does help..
biggrin.gif

Sounds like a variation of Wall Street's Greater Fool Theory.

"You can always hope to make money on stocks you buy, no matter how ridiculous the price, because there's bound to be a greater fool who will bid higher."
biggrin.gif

I think a lot of this stuff is bought on hope. Surely, if they have the nerve to charge that kind of money, it must deliver. Well, I can't laught too loudly. I've bought my share of electronic snake oil. Sort of like those signal processors that you adjust and adjust looking for the the ideal sound. What you end up liking proves to be a flat signal, no processing. Maybe we should have a white elephant sale forum.
lambda.gif

BW

May 24, 2004 at 10:10 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ward
Sounds like a variation of Wall Street's Greater Fool Theory.

"You can always hope to make money on stocks you buy, no matter how ridiculous the price, because there's bound to be a greater fool who will bid higher."
biggrin.gif

I think a lot of this stuff is bought on hope. Surely, if they have the nerve to charge that kind of money, it must deliver. Well, I can't laught too loudly. I've bought my share of electronic snake oil. Sort of like those signal processors that you adjust and adjust looking for the the ideal sound. What you end up liking proves to be a flat signal, no processing. Maybe we should have a white elephant sale forum.
lambda.gif

BW

Well, I'll just have to be a constant blind believer as I haven't any crappy cables to compare to..
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2004 at 12:04 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
Well, I'll just have to be a constant blind believer as I haven't any crappy cables to compare to..
biggrin.gif

We can remedy that. I would be more than happy to assist you in this matter by forwarding examples for comparison.

Considering the pleasure I take from your posting, it's the least I can do.
lambda.gif

BW

May 25, 2004 at 9:09 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ward
We can remedy that. I would be more than happy to assist you in this matter by forwarding examples for comparison.

Considering the pleasure I take from your posting, it's the least I can do.
lambda.gif

BW

LOL! Thanks BIll, that's very kind!! I knew someone would enjoy something I posted eventually, it was just a matter of time...
biggrin.gif

I'll PM you in a sec. to set it up. I'd really like to compare them and see what I paid for..
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back