On Ear headphones (very portable with good audio and built quality)
Mar 18, 2015 at 6:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

hamdib

New Head-Fier
Looking for very portable On-Ear headphone with either foldable design (ex:V-Moda XS) or flat (ex: Beyerdynamic DT-1350). Portabilitywise; I prefer to have good case to carry (smaller or slimmer is better) Also, I like some leakage on the street; So, I'd like semi-closed headphones (or semi-open) (ex:V-Moda M80)
My preferable sound register is neutral with a lots of texture (detail) I listen from my ipod classic (lossless files) My music taste varies from rock to opera, pop to hip-hop, jazz-world music. So I'd like an all-arounder. Built quality is very important, I prefer replacable (detachable) cables. Comfort is also very important; My ears gets sweaty with some headphones (Beyerdynamic DT 501p) So, headband should have enough pressure but not too much. Some headphone gives me headache (Ex. Beyerdynamic DT 501p) (migraine prone person here) Price is not big issue, here. I want something really special. 

I have no preferable brand or material color in mind. 

Thanks for your suggestions, please mention price tags for each model. 

Andy

Mar 18, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #2 of 2
I once made a comparison of 3 different small portable headphones. The Beyer t51p, the B&W P5 S2 and the KEF M500. All of these headphones isolate well though, but the comparison might help you in some way:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/733228/bowers-wilkins-p5-series-2/165#post_10971424

What you describe sounds like Grado to me (for the open part and the earpas that don't make you sweat), but I don't have experience with those as portable headphones. I wouldn't describe Grados as allrounders either...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back