Oppo HA-2 SE
Dec 17, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #301 of 371
After the reply I received from Oppo UK yesterday informing me there is a problem with non Oppo cables and the correct cable is for sale from Oppo uk at some silly price, not to mention P+P, I have cancelled my order for the Oppo.
I am very disappointed with Oppo. It is clear Oppo have known about the charging problem for a long time and have still not rectified this by adding a cable in the box. To that end I have zero intention of paying another 30.00€ (inc P+P) for a cable that should come with the already expensive Oppo sold at 399.00€.

I found an absolute bargain on Amazon.es. The Teac HA-P50-SE for 146.71€ including P+P! On the German Amazon its still listed at 299.00€ PLUS P+P! I snapped the offer up from Amazon.es.

Enough of this nonsense with Oppo already. Lovely product let down by their company's behaviour over a connection cable.

I suspect that no end of users don't even know their mobile is charging the Oppo and think its just 'normal' heavy device battery usage?

Ryland

Yes, I can confirm Ha2SE sucks battery out of my USB C equipped phone (OnePlus 5 android 7.1.1)

USB C → OTG cable → HA2SE → headphones.
(Tried 2 OTG cables, same results).

Hamster

Dec 17, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #302 of 371
Hey gang, I think I noted this in the HD6XX thread but for reference I'm finding the HA2-SE pairs very well with these headphones. Occasionally I have come close to not having enough headroom when listening to very quietly recorded classical music but otherwise the HA2-SE drives the HD6XX with plenty of authority on all my rock, blues, metal and jazz music.

It's nice just to have one small and stylish DAC/Amp hooked to my laptop and for that to be all I need to enjoy excellent sound quality in my music. Perfect setup for Sunday morning in my living room or evenings at the hotel when on travel.

Dec 18, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #304 of 371
Hey gang, I think I noted this in the HD6XX thread but for reference I'm finding the HA2-SE pairs very well with these headphones. Occasionally I have come close to not having enough headroom when listening to very quietly recorded classical music but otherwise the HA2-SE drives the HD6XX with plenty of authority on all my rock, blues, metal and jazz music.

It's nice just to have one small and stylish DAC/Amp hooked to my laptop and for that to be all I need to enjoy excellent sound quality in my music. Perfect setup for Sunday morning in my living room or evenings at the hotel when on travel.

"with plenty of authority" may be an overstatement because hd650/6xx are known to scale up with better driving gears. Yes they may be loud enough but it will not bring the best out of 6xx. Ifi idsd BL and Mojo will certainly do a better job in the realm of portable dac amp but at the same time they are also much more expensive comparatively.

Dec 29, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #306 of 371
Hello,

I connected the Oppo HA-2SE to my iPhone and Mac, but it is normal that it is recognized as "Oppo HA-2" and not as "...HA-2SE"?! :xf_eek:

Been answered multiple times before mate. Oppo's official reply to this issue is that this is due to both models utilize the same driver.

Feb 11, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #307 of 371
Hi,
I’m a new member and been reading with interest the info regarding the OPPO PM-3 & HA2SE.
I’m about to spend some cash on a decent set of headphones for the first time and would appreciate some advice.
Presently my portable music is on an old iPod, and I have concerns about the ability of that or my iphone SE driving the PM3’s sufficiently. I tested them in store and for me the sound on PM3’s was good, but had very limited volume.
I THEN LOOKED AT HA2SE, but have concerns regards compatibility with my old iPod which only has a very old version of iOS.
Any help regards how to get the most out of PM3’s for portable use would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

Mar 8, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #313 of 371
Just asking current owners of the HA-2SE since I don't have one, but improvements would you like to see in a newer version?

Mar 8, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #314 of 371
My HA-2SE arrived today. I’m using it out of my iPhone x. The audio keeps cutting out. It’s not a streaming issue because the music is on device. It’s not an app problem because it happens in both iTunes and tidal. And it doesn’t happen with my mojo. I’ve tried a different cable and it’s still happening.

Any thoughts?

Mar 8, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #315 of 371
My HA-2SE arrived today. I’m using it out of my iPhone x. The audio keeps cutting out. It’s not a streaming issue because the music is on device. It’s not an app problem because it happens in both iTunes and tidal. And it doesn’t happen with my mojo. I’ve tried a different cable and it’s still happening.

Any thoughts?
Join the club, Ive had this problem ever since I got the X when it came out last year.

i have just learned to live with it, from my experience, the audio cuts out less when the battery is around 60% or less. No amount of different apps, cables or anything seems to help with this issue. Just live with it unless there's some kind of firmware update or something....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back