OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program
Jan 27, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #721 of 761
@chef8489 I remember reading about your health issues and do hope your have recovered, or at least are well on the road to good health. I wish you could have given them a good listening to, but health does override all else. Perhaps you can try once again.

@chuzzlewitt Thanks for the heads-up. Did you enjoy the PM-1? I have a set of PM-3s that I'd purchased after auditioning them on their tour (these "free" demos are starting to get expensive!) and like them very much. I can't really imagine a better sounding travel pair of phones.

My real curiosity is how the PM-1s will compare to the Hifiman HE-1000v1. I guess I'm a fan of planar magnetic headphones (I haven't tried electrostatics, but I'd likely enjoy them as well) and the PM-1 could throw a wrench into my "settled and satisfied" headphone system mix!

Jan 27, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #722 of 761
[QUOTE="CoffeeDog, post: 14003331,

@chuzzlewitt Thanks for the heads-up. Did you enjoy the PM-1? I have a set of PM-3s that I'd purchased after auditioning them on their tour (these "free" demos are starting to get expensive!) and like them very much. I can't really imagine a better sounding travel pair of phones.

My real curiosity is how the PM-1s will compare to the Hifiman HE-1000v1. I guess I'm a fan of planar magnetic headphones (I haven't tried electrostatics, but I'd likely enjoy them as well) and the PM-1 could throw a wrench into my "settled and satisfied" headphone system mix![/QUOTE]

I can’t speak to how they compare to the HiFiman HE-1000v1. I do know they are the most well and beautifully built headphones I’ve ever used. As for sound, I had the Oppo PM-3s and love them. They are a killer value for closed backs and use them all the time. My biggest disappointment with the PM-1s is that they are too similar to the PM-3s. For the price, I expect them to perform better. They are still great but the Focal Clears are far superior. I even ended up preferring the HE-4XX at $169 over the PM-1s. I know that can sound like an insult but great headphone value can be had so readily these days that I think the PM-1s have not kept up with advancements in affordable, quality sound. That being said, they still sound great.

It’s never been a better time to be a headphone enthusiast.

Jan 27, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #723 of 761
I did get a chance to listen to them and they are by far my favorite i have listened to thus far. I prefered them over the pm-3, hd650, k7xx, t1, and t5p. I have not had a chance to try out any other planars but would love to. I did not purchase the he4xx as i was worried they were no where in the same league. I thought about purchasing the audeez lcd-2 classic, but was unsure and then someting else in life came up. Alas. I am stuck for now with my k7xx on my desktop setup.

Jan 30, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #726 of 761
Tex Irie recieved them 26 of November. Not sure the status now. I had health isues in Nov and was ill for a few weeks in nov and thats why i had them for 3 weeks. I appologise for that, but sent them on as quickle as i could.
To clarify I received the PM-1's 4 days later on November 30th. I notified Chef8489 and Jiffy Squid about the delay. I sent the PM-1's to Chuzzlewitt on December 7th. I notified Jiffy Squid that the PM-1's were already in transit on December 9th. I received confirmation they were delivered on December 11th.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #728 of 761
To clear the air I didn't actually get them until November 30th. I notified Chef8489 and Jiffy Squid of the late reception on my behalf. I shipped them to Chuzzlewitt on December 7th. Jiffy Squid was notified as well.
No worries. Tracked down that they wentbout to next person.

Jan 30, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #729 of 761
I certainly didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, if so ruffled. Writing when you have the flu is often not the best idea, and I think I'd given the wrong impression. I was thinking more along the lines of the headphones having been broken and sent back to Oppo or some such thing. The thread had gone dormant and, being immersed in studies (old guy in college), thought I may have missed something. Thanks to everyone who'd responded! These tours are a wonderful opportunity, even if they are hard on the wallet. I've still got the flu, so I'd better stop typing now before I say something else that's... poorly thought out.

That being said, thanks once again to Oppo for giving us all the ability to demo their phones!

Feb 4, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #730 of 761
I certainly didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, if so ruffled. Writing when you have the flu is often not the best idea, and I think I'd given the wrong impression. I was thinking more along the lines of the headphones having been broken and sent back to Oppo or some such thing. The thread had gone dormant and, being immersed in studies (old guy in college), thought I may have missed something. Thanks to everyone who'd responded! These tours are a wonderful opportunity, even if they are hard on the wallet. I've still got the flu, so I'd better stop typing now before I say something else that's... poorly thought out.

That being said, thanks once again to Oppo for giving us all the ability to demo their phones!
No offense taken... The PM-1's are great headphones easily worth the asking price. I'd give up my Pioneer SE-Monitor5's for in a heartbeat.

Feb 10, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #731 of 761
We have received a number of requests to begin a loaner program for our headphones since we primarily sell direct and there aren't too many retail locations where people can go and listen to them, so we've decided to give it a shot.

Signing up is very easy - just make a post in this thread indicating your interest in the program, what headphone model you want to demo (PM-1 or PM-2), and that you agree to the terms and conditions. We will contact you privately to acquire your shipping information. At this time the program is limited to the Continental US and Canada (PM-1 only).

Package contents:

Option 1: PM-1

PM-1 with alternative leather earpads installed
One 3 m OCC 6.35 mm-terminated cable
One 1.1 m OFC 3.5 mm-terminated portable cable
Selvedge denim carrying case

To make the shipping process easier for everyone, the PM-1's wooden box will be omitted.

Option 2: PM-2

PM-2 with synthetic leather earpads installed
One 3 m OFC 6.35 mm-terminated cable
One 1.1 m OFC 3.5 mm-terminated portable cable
Selvedge denim carrying case

Terms and Conditions

You must be OK with your name and address being provided to another person on the forums for the purpose of shipping the headphones to you.

You are responsible for the cost of shipping the headphones to the next person in the program. You can use any method you prefer (USPS, UPS, or FedEx) but a tracking number is required. We will contact you privately with the shipping details for the next person in the program.

You can keep the loaner unit for a week. We will have multiple units available of each model so no one should have to wait too long before hearing the headphones.

Please post in this thread when you have received the headphones and when you have shipped the headphones out to the next person in the program.

Please take care of the headphones and accessories.

Writing a review is not a requirement for participation in the program, though of course it will be much appreciated if you decide to do so.

10/17/2014 Edit: We shipped the first loaner units out today. Currently, there are two PM-1s and two PM-2s allocated for the continental US, and we will also be readying a PM-1 for a tour of Canada. The order is listed below.

PM-1 Unit #1
JWizzlez - Complete
Sevenfeet - Complete
lenroot77 - Complete
maxh22 - Complete
emSaidi - Complete
MilTech - Complete
Sharkhunter - Complete
SuperPollito - Complete
TheoSqua - Complete
adonissk - Complete
JGonzo - Complete
ngoshawk - Complete
Blueshound24 - Complete
Land-O-The-Free - Complete
Intelanot27 - Complete
Army-Firedawg - Complete
chef8489 - Complete
Tex Irie - Complete
chuzzlewitt - Complete
Jim Spec - In progress
CoffeeDog
alcoholbob
swmtnbiker
m1ku
ksorota

PM-1 Canada Unit #1
Audiolover66 - Complete
Chris Keogh - Complete
-iKa- - Complete
flamedrace - Complete
shdh - Complete
protoss - Complete
bestbacon - In progress

PM-2 Unit #1 - On Hold
shotgunshane - Complete
morinu - Complete
VinegarBoy - Complete
The Canuck - Complete
aaron811 - In progress
adonissk
Hellvis
Blueshound24
Land-O-The-Free

Feb 10, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #732 of 761
Chris,

The PM1s are now in the hands of the next user. Thanks again, JS
[Private info deleted by mod]

Attachments

• Fedex notice.JPG
    Fedex notice.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 19, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #733 of 761
Chris,

The PM1s are now in the hands of the next user. Thanks again, JS
[Private info deleted by mod]

Hi there Jim Spec, and thank you for sending the PM-1s on to me. I especially want to thank you for sending them without any notification that they were on the way (my wife was at home to receive them, fortunately) as well as for posting my personal information in an open forum on the Internet. Everyone loves surprises!

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 19, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #734 of 761
Sorry you were displeased with the way I handled shipping the PM1s to you. I only received you name and address. I put my phone number and email address on the FEDEX form because I did not have yours. Perhaps you could specify more information in the future if you want your mailing and personal information handled in a specific. Again, I apologize for ruffling your feathers, JS

Feb 21, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #735 of 761
Sorry you were displeased with the way I handled shipping the PM1s to you. I only received you name and address. I put my phone number and email address on the FEDEX form because I did not have yours. Perhaps you could specify more information in the future if you want your mailing and personal information handled in a specific. Again, I apologize for ruffling your feathers, JS

I've modified the posts. It should be obvious personal names and addresses should not be posted in a public forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back