ORA GrapheneQ - The world's first Graphene driver headphone
Dec 15, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #1,216 of 1,288
If I bought a brand new sealed laptop (and paid for shipping), and when I opened it up there was a manufacturer defect where the screen was messed up, and the company said I had to pay additional shipping to and from them to get another new (functional) laptop, I’d tell them to stick it where the sun don’t shine.

Yea that's pretty ridiculous. I'll probably send them out after the new year once I get a general turn around time.

Dec 16, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #1,217 of 1,288
What happened to the remaining units that were to be sent out this month to the UK and Europe? I can't believe that my husband @HungryPanda was one of the first to sign up for the Ora and now will either be one of the last to receive it or maybe never. Well actually he himself will never receive it.... been dead 8 months now because of Covid. Seems like yesterday to me. Most things are a blur.

Dec 16, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #1,218 of 1,288
What happened to the remaining units that were to be sent out this month to the UK and Europe? I can't believe that my husband @HungryPanda was one of the first to sign up for the Ora and now will either be one of the last to receive it or maybe never. Well actually he himself will never receive it.... been dead 8 months now because of Covid. Seems like yesterday to me. Most things are a blur.

terrible year for you, I know! :frowning2: and very puzzling that the headphones he paid for long ago still have not arrived, and I’m sure you’ve contacted them without any response yet received?

Dec 16, 2020 at 9:04 PM Post #1,219 of 1,288

Yeah, it’s going on 3 years now. That’s totally unacceptable.

Dec 16, 2020 at 11:17 PM Post #1,220 of 1,288
Holiday update

Dear backers,
The holiday season is upon us and we want to wish you all a great holiday and a happy new year. 2020 has been quite a rollercoaster for Ora, for this campaign, and, we imagine, for you backers as well. We are frankly happy to see this year slowly coming to an end. Thankfully, with the end of this crazy year also comes the end of Ora’s headphone manufacturing. This long process should have taken 2-3 months in normal times but in 2020, we have been fighting to keep it under 12 months. Luckily, we are almost there. With only 80 more headphones to deliver out of the original ~3000, we have nearly tied it up.

These last headphones are on their way to Ora in Montreal now. Ora engineers will manage the final testing and quality control and we expect to ship out in batches of 20 over the next 6-8 weeks. If you have not yet received your reward, please keep an eye on your inbox as someone from our company will personally email you your tracking number once your unit ships.

We cannot understate how trying it has been for a small company to manage manufacturing overseas and shipping to 5 continents during this crazy year. We’ve been through a lot and learned a lot in the process. We thank each of you again for riding with us through this long journey… soon to be concluded!
See you all in 2021,
The Ora team

Jan 22, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #1,221 of 1,288
Hi, a word of advice. Don't make the same mistake as me and never ever leave your Ora Connected by the Headphone wire Accident Happen and now I'm Pissed :xf_mad: . Because the wire was connected and the cord got tangled around my feet the headphones drop to the floor might or might not involve a kicking motion. I was in a hurry🤦‍♂️ Immediately I had intermittent sound problem then no sound at all

So I open the right cup the headphone jack is only holding by the solder joints and all of them pop off with the plate underneath it still stuck to the joint

I've contacted support by email and waiting to see what they answer.

Attachments

• 20210122_205927.jpg
    20210122_205927.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210122_210543.jpg
    20210122_210543.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #1,222 of 1,288
Hi, a word of advice. Don't make the same mistake as me and never ever leave your Ora Connected by the Headphone wire Accident Happen and now I'm Pissed :xf_mad: . Because the wire was connected and the cord got tangled around my feet the headphones drop to the floor might or might not involve a kicking motion. I was in a hurry🤦‍♂️ Immediately I had intermittent sound problem then no sound at all

So I open the right cup the headphone jack is only holding by the solder joints and all of them pop off with the plate underneath it still stuck to the joint

I've contacted support by email and waiting to see what they answer.

At least that came off the solder pads cleanly. I could fix that in minutes. So if customer support gives you the runaround, hit me up and I'll get you squared away :)

Feb 21, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #1,223 of 1,288
Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has experienced the problem I am having and has a solution... My Ora is no longer accepting a charge. I have not used it very much since I received it, so I don’t think the battery has failed... I have tried multiple cables, chargers, and adapters. I can see the small LED very briefly flash, almost imperceptibly, when I insert the USB cable, then nothing... Anyone have any ideas what might be the problem, and solution?

Feb 22, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #1,225 of 1,288
Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has experienced the problem I am having and has a solution... My Ora is no longer accepting a charge. I have not used it very much since I received it, so I don’t think the battery has failed... I have tried multiple cables, chargers, and adapters. I can see the small LED very briefly flash, almost imperceptibly, when I insert the USB cable, then nothing... Anyone have any ideas what might be the problem, and solution?
Well, left my Ora on a battery overnight. Nothing seemed to have happened, but when I removed the charging cable and put it back on the red light turned on indicated red. After a while the light turned green. So, Ora back to functioning. Not sure what happened, but all is good now!

Feb 22, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #1,227 of 1,288
Well, left my Ora on a battery overnight. Nothing seemed to have happened, but when I removed the charging cable and put it back on the red light turned on indicated red. After a while the light turned green. So, Ora back to functioning. Not sure what happened, but all is good now!

Did you not charge them for a while? That seems like the battery needed a trickle charge.

Feb 22, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #1,230 of 1,288
To be safe, use an older low amperage charger to feed it slowly and get the battery back to good health. Dont use a fast charger. An older 500ma USB 2.0 port would be ideal.
I am charging it from another battery... I will look around for a lower current charger. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back