Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread
Aug 14, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #7,621 of 8,065
Aug 20, 2023 at 3:44 AM Post #7,622 of 8,065
+1 for Symbio W Peel with the Bird!

I have the Symbio W peels and they're amazing for my u18t and Fourte Noir -- but the bore size is too small for Trailli. How did you get them to fit? I can't seem to see larger bore size peel...

Amazing tips those. I hear there's a new Sony foamn tip too that doesn't diminish soundstage but so far the peel's the only one I've seen that's a treble happy foamy. Which, on paper, is exactly what Orphy-trailli needs.

Aug 20, 2023 at 5:45 AM Post #7,623 of 8,065
I have the Symbio W peels and they're amazing for my u18t and Fourte Noir -- but the bore size is too small for Trailli. How did you get them to fit? I can't seem to see larger bore size peel...

Amazing tips those. I hear there's a new Sony foamn tip too that doesn't diminish soundstage but so far the peel's the only one I've seen that's a treble happy foamy. Which, on paper, is exactly what Orphy-trailli needs.
In what way do the Symbio W Peel not fit? The lower part is large enough that it is very easy to fit.

Which Foam from Sony do you mean exactly? I would like to have a look at that.

OT question: I am a very big fan of Mason FS and Red Halo FS has always intrigued me. Unfortunately despite a long recerche, I could not understand how both differ from each other. Would you explain where the differences are?

Aug 20, 2023 at 6:14 AM Post #7,624 of 8,065
https://www.sony.ee/electronics/headphone-extension-cables/ep-ni1000

These are the sonys.

Re: peels. I confused the "peels" for foam only symbios, whereas they are actually silicone only symbios, which I have not tried. I have the foam only ones which are excellent, but don't fit the Trailli. Gotta get the silicone ones then and try them out. Look a bit like Senda lights (which are great for Trailli, make them more neutral)

Re: red halo vs mason fs. I have the insanely posh fabled sound version of the Red Halos, which are exactly the same thing as Le Jardin, only red. Confusing, I know. I mean these: https://tainghe.com.vn/tai-nghe-unique-melody-mason-fs-red-halo.html

So my impressions of them come from the addition of a pw audio First Times cable. (The red halo FS is a red halo with a First Times cable and prettier shells. The First Times is by far the best cable for it, beating Orpheus.)

My impressions of Red Halo FS vs Mason FS are simple. The Red Halo FS is simply an improved version of the Mason FS. It's better in every aspect. The soundstage is bigger, the bone conduction effect more striking (next generation bone conduction driver compared to Mason FS) the bass is meatier. It doesn't have the slightly too chill mids of the Mason FS (something about pinna gain). I think the treble could be more sparkly, but otherwise the Red Halo FS basically perfects this "in your head" type bone conduction effect FS started. Similarly to the Mason FS, it is difficult to pair and takes patience to get into. The best source I've found for it is the iBasso dx200 Ti, with amp 4. A very wrap-around soundstage with deep sub-bass that flatters these IEMs. I have been "meh" about it with the P6 Pro and the sp2000, and "pretty nice" with the sp3000 but for some reason that limited edition iBasso from 5 years ago is magic. That's how head fi works. You gotta build up your options.

It's a great alternative to the Trailli, having almost nothing to do with the way the bird renders sound. I also love the red cable which is great for my u18t, and generally a wonderful special edition pw audio cable to have.

Aug 20, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #7,625 of 8,065
I have the insanely posh fabled sound version of the Red Halos, which are exactly the same thing as Le Jardin, only red. Confusing, I know. I mean these: https://tainghe.com.vn/tai-nghe-unique-melody-mason-fs-red-halo.html
I believe when most folks speak of the Red Halo they mean the below IEM:

1692553047898.png

Aug 21, 2023 at 12:40 AM Post #7,626 of 8,065
https://www.sony.ee/electronics/headphone-extension-cables/ep-ni1000

These are the sonys.

Re: peels. I confused the "peels" for foam only symbios, whereas they are actually silicone only symbios, which I have not tried. I have the foam only ones which are excellent, but don't fit the Trailli. Gotta get the silicone ones then and try them out. Look a bit like Senda lights (which are great for Trailli, make them more neutral)

Re: red halo vs mason fs. I have the insanely posh fabled sound version of the Red Halos, which are exactly the same thing as Le Jardin, only red. Confusing, I know. I mean these: https://tainghe.com.vn/tai-nghe-unique-melody-mason-fs-red-halo.html

So my impressions of them come from the addition of a pw audio First Times cable. (The red halo FS is a red halo with a First Times cable and prettier shells. The First Times is by far the best cable for it, beating Orpheus.)

My impressions of Red Halo FS vs Mason FS are simple. The Red Halo FS is simply an improved version of the Mason FS. It's better in every aspect. The soundstage is bigger, the bone conduction effect more striking (next generation bone conduction driver compared to Mason FS) the bass is meatier. It doesn't have the slightly too chill mids of the Mason FS (something about pinna gain). I think the treble could be more sparkly, but otherwise the Red Halo FS basically perfects this "in your head" type bone conduction effect FS started. Similarly to the Mason FS, it is difficult to pair and takes patience to get into. The best source I've found for it is the iBasso dx200 Ti, with amp 4. A very wrap-around soundstage with deep sub-bass that flatters these IEMs. I have been "meh" about it with the P6 Pro and the sp2000, and "pretty nice" with the sp3000 but for some reason that limited edition iBasso from 5 years ago is magic. That's how head fi works. You gotta build up your options.

It's a great alternative to the Trailli, having almost nothing to do with the way the bird renders sound. I also love the red cable which is great for my u18t, and generally a wonderful special edition pw audio cable to have.
Very interesting, thank you for the impressions.

Did you compare Red Halo FS and Mason FS with the same cable or each with stock cable? Because that makes a huge difference.

Aug 21, 2023 at 2:05 AM Post #7,627 of 8,065
Very interesting, thank you for the impressions.

Did you compare Red Halo FS and Mason FS with the same cable or each with stock cable? Because that makes a huge difference.
more weight to the bass, especially better sub-bass effect, i used both fts on mason fs and jardin before.

Aug 23, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #7,630 of 8,065
has anyone tried the original double flange tip ? how did you like it ?
hurt my ear,, if you looking for double flange, i suggest jomo double flange

Aug 23, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #7,631 of 8,065
has anyone tried the original double flange tip ? how did you like it ?
I haven't tried double flange because I generally find them uncomfortable. If you are looking for an eartip that sticks to your ear better and with good pairing with Traillii, try AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC. I find it's pretty comparable to Symbio (although a little more bassy).

Aug 24, 2023 at 12:24 AM Post #7,632 of 8,065
I haven't tried double flange because I generally find them uncomfortable. If you are looking for an eartip that sticks to your ear better and with good pairing with Traillii, try AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC. I find it's pretty comparable to Symbio (although a little more bassy).
Did I understand correctly that XELASTEC is bassier than Symbio for you? Because I have exactly the opposite impression.

Bassier: Symbio > AZLA SednaearFit > AZLA XELASTEC

Aug 24, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #7,633 of 8,065
Did I understand correctly that XELASTEC is bassier than Symbio for you? Because I have exactly the opposite impression.

Bassier: Symbio > AZLA SednaearFit > AZLA XELASTEC
At least that's what I remember. I find the Symbio has punchier bass and more clear highs (which makes the highs more elevated/pronounced). Meanwhile the XELASTIC rumbles more, perhaps since the material is more soft and gives a better seal compared to the Symbio. They don't sound a lot different to me, at least from memory, and I guess it depends on user preference on what they want from the Bird. In my case, I preferred the Symbio sound just a little bit more. On the far end of the spectrum of bass/rumble is the Spiral Dot++ (which I pair with my LX), which gives even more rumble, and then the regular Spiral Dots, which is a bit too uncontrolled for my tastes.

Overall, all I'm saying is that the XELASTIC is a good option to try side by side with the Symbio on the Bird as it's not a bad pairing. Maybe even try the Spiral Dot++ if you're wanting more bass/rumble from the Bird. You can judge for yourself which is better for your preference.

Aug 24, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #7,635 of 8,065
At least that's what I remember. I find the Symbio has punchier bass and more clear highs (which makes the highs more elevated/pronounced). Meanwhile the XELASTIC rumbles more, perhaps since the material is more soft and gives a better seal compared to the Symbio. They don't sound a lot different to me, at least from memory, and I guess it depends on user preference on what they want from the Bird. In my case, I preferred the Symbio sound just a little bit more. On the far end of the spectrum of bass/rumble is the Spiral Dot++ (which I pair with my LX), which gives even more rumble, and then the regular Spiral Dots, which is a bit too uncontrolled for my tastes.

Overall, all I'm saying is that the XELASTIC is a good option to try side by side with the Symbio on the Bird as it's not a bad pairing. Maybe even try the Spiral Dot++ if you're wanting more bass/rumble from the Bird. You can judge for yourself which is better for your preference.
Yes, I agree entirely. Symbio or Xelastec both are very good options, it's just a matter of preference. I also swear on the Symbios!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back