Ostry KC09
Jun 23, 2017 at 4:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

cleg

Headphoneus Supremus
1-.jpg
I'm not sure why Ostry's IEMs remain almost unknown on Head-Fi, but on Russian and Ukrainian market Ostry KC06A became a real huge hit. They offered indeed good design and pretty balanced sound for that money.

Now Ostry are back with higher end KC09 model, it's priced about $200, but it looks good and sounds pretty good too.
KC09 uses single DD with 10mm diaphragm, offering pretty neutral signature with accented lows (this can be tuned via tips)

2-.jpg
3-.jpg
4-.jpg

Other specs: 32Ω of impedance, ≥101 dB of sensitivity, 20 Hz – 20 kHz
Cable is replaceable with MMCX connectors

Jun 23, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #3 of 33
As I mentioned on the video comment section : Good luck to OSTRY on selling these for $200 !

Jun 23, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #4 of 33
As I mentioned on the video comment section : Good luck to OSTRY on selling these for $200 !

So, did you heard KC09? Can you please share impressions on them? Or it's an opinion based on absolutely other model (KC06)? I disagree with your comment on YouTiube, but I don't think it's logical to argue on subjective opinion.

Anyway, I doubt Ostry need some luck, they're already selling OK on our local markets. It's not world domination, of course, but anyway not bad for them

Jun 23, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #5 of 33
Are there different filters to tweak the sound? Can't exactly tell from the photos.

Aug 30, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #7 of 33
Has anyone tried these? How does it sound?

Sep 22, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #8 of 33
Ostry KC09A IEM is being distributed in Vietnam now. The build and design of the IEM is such amazing and better than the KC06A. And the official price is $100 only.
Sound signature is almost similar to KC06A, but Ostry has improved the mid range, makes KC09 better than KC06A as it's not just an IEM for only V-shape EQ lovers. The sound is nearly realistic and the EQ is flat by now, not so V-shape as the KC06A.
As the recommendation from the manufacturer, KC09 IEM needs 50 hours burned-in at least to get the final stage of sound.

Sep 29, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #10 of 33
These things are mighty impressive for $100. Very well balanced, practically grain free, nice vocal, relatively crisp unfatiguing high, taut bass, enveloping soundstage (with mojo). I really can't think anything they do wrong for the price, they easily take the crown for sub $100 IEMs I have tried and maybe even more (from my memory of Mee P1, KC09 is more balanced, no recessed vocal, just as clean and way easier to drive)

Oct 4, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #12 of 33
Are they dark like mentioned in the YouTube video review?
Not really imo but they sure aren't bright at all, though I guess it depends on where you're coming from. FWIW, compared to Moondrop Liebesleid, KC09 *is* darker (though you could also say that the Liebesleid is bright), however clarity-wise, they trade blows.

Edit: after a few comparison and ear adjustment, I could see how some perceive them as dark, their trebles *are* shelved compared to the rest of the spectrum, but they aren't muffled clarity-wise by any mean.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #13 of 33
Are they dark like mentioned in the YouTube video review?
If you're speaking about my review — KC09 aren't dark. With default tips they have accented lows, but treble is present too, so they aren't "dark", just "darkened"

I could see how some perceive them as dark, their trebles *are* shelved compared to the rest of the spectrum, but they aren't muffled clarity-wise by any mean.
with tips with filter bass is perfectly tamed and they does sound really balanced

after price reduction to $100 it's one of the strongest competitors in this price range

Oct 25, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #14 of 33
from many IEMs i have bought ostry kc06 was my always safe bet IEM which sounds good on any source/song.

too bad i gave them to my friend...he insisted to buy it from me :p

just got the mee audio PX, and i gotta say that im not very impressed..not enough bass and hot trebles :/

if KC09 is anything like KC06 and better than i think its worth 100$ and more!

probably time to sell my PX..or just keep them for exercise...

Dec 18, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #15 of 33
These are now up on Massdrop for $70.

Wonder how these stack up to the iBasso IT01, which seems to be the current <$100 king.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back