Overwatch
May 22, 2016 at 7:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43
Overwatch is a slightly hyped up shooter from Blizzard coming out May 24th. Didn't see a thread so I thought to make one.

Want a pretty cinematic trailer?

Blizzard has a a few trailers with the various heroes out:

There was a beta recently and a feeew people played it:

Game looks pretty hype.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
May 25, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #4 of 43
"Slightly hyped"?

This game is hyped as hell!

I was hyped about it myself until I tried it on Open Beta. Not very impressed and the lack 21:9 support is ridiculous.

May 25, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #5 of 43
Didn't play the beta since I was busy around that time. Didn't pre-order also for the extra widowmaker skin which I kinda regret now.

Finally got a chance to sit down and play last might and I had an absolute blast. It has been a while since I played a multi-player shooter and getting back into it was not hard in the slightest!

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jul 29, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #11 of 43
Hah, they finally added two decimal places to the mouse sensitivity adjustment, which was nagging at me somewhat :)

Overwatch is shaping up nicely, with little bits of tweaking, balancing and fixing making it a deceptively slick and fun game for pick up and play fun.

I'm not convinced by the current incarnation of competitive mode, with the coinflips it seems rather arbitrary. What's more, you need to play that with people who have an actual attention span, deathballing properly, rather than charging in solo, facetanking focus fire, and feeding the enemy ults, grumble. That's more of a comment on my usual peer group members than the game, though.

I thought was was completely over multiplayer adversarial FPS, since giving up TF2 due to the game being buried under angry ten year-old hat traders. However, playing Overwatch during late beta impressed me and drew me back in with its resolutely team-based design and interesting rock/paper/scissors meta. Also, it's rare for a game to have such an emphasis on sound design. It's one of the few PvP games where I don't play with music, as you're always listening out for footsteps and voice cues to get the drop on flankers or getting advanced warning of an incoming push.

Blizzard have polished this one so much that it gleams. I'd almost feel bad for Gearbox over releasing Battleborn at the same time, had their monetisation strategy not being so unreasonable. It's no surprise that it turned up in a Humble Bundle recently, despite being a very recent release.

Jul 29, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #12 of 43
  Hah, they finally added two decimal places to the mouse sensitivity adjustment, which was nagging at me somewhat :)

Overwatch is shaping up nicely, with little bits of tweaking, balancing and fixing making it a deceptively slick and fun game for pick up and play fun.

I'm not convinced by the current incarnation of competitive mode, with the coinflips it seems rather arbitrary. What's more, you need to play that with people who have an actual attention span, deathballing properly, rather than charging in solo, facetanking focus fire, and feeding the enemy ults, grumble. That's more of a comment on my usual peer group members than the game, though.

I thought was was completely over multiplayer adversarial FPS, since giving up TF2 due to the game being buried under angry ten year-old hat traders. However, playing Overwatch during late beta impressed me and drew me back in with its resolutely team-based design and interesting rock/paper/scissors meta. Also, it's rare for a game to have such an emphasis on sound design. It's one of the few PvP games where I don't play with music, as you're always listening out for footsteps and voice cues to get the drop on flankers or getting advanced warning of an incoming push.

Blizzard have polished this one so much that it gleams. I'd almost feel bad for Gearbox over releasing Battleborn at the same time, had their monetisation strategy not being so unreasonable. It's no surprise that it turned up in a Humble Bundle recently, despite being a very recent release.

Agreed.  The other games in the same genre are really hurting over overwatch.  It really is a fun game.  I'm interested to see what future characters/maps they will add.  I'm also hoping for some more interesting game modes.  CTF would be great. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back