P5 vs Momentum vs Amperior
Feb 22, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:
what is the best choise above these 3 headphones(ipod touch without amp for mp3,usually hip hop,pop,rock)
Hope to choose a good on-the-go earphone
plz

To my ears I'd rank them:

Momentum > Amperior >> P5

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #8 of 18
The Amperior are amazing for the price with great comfort and they offers more bass than momentium which are balanced yet bass light for many. Denon D600 are also amazing sounding headphnes with tight punchy bass and it doesn't bleed in other frequencies.

Feb 23, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:
but i read other aritle said momentum is bass emphsis
also,i dont want the bass cover the vocal

In that case... None of these. I've got Momentum and P5 and returned Amperior. I suggest the HD25-1 II instead. Still good bass but without the boomy mid-bass of the Amperiors or Momentums, better SQ than P5 (which is still like and are very comfy) or the others for that matter. More fun sounding and less recesses mids (vocals) than Momentum.

They may have been around for around 2 decades, but the HD25 are still one of the best supraural headphones you'll find.

Feb 23, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:
The Amperior are amazing for the price with great comfort and they offers more bass than momentium which are balanced yet bass light for many. Denon D600 are also amazing sounding headphnes with tight punchy bass and it doesn't bleed in other frequencies.

I cannot agree that the Momentum are bass light. Unless compared to Beats or some other consumer HP although I've only once listened to them in a shop and wondered why anyone would buy them. Perhaps you've not listened to Momentums??

Feb 23, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #11 of 18
Quote:
In that case... None of these. I've got Momentum and P5 and returned Amperior. I suggest the HD25-1 II instead. Still good bass but without the boomy mid-bass of the Amperiors or Momentums, better SQ than P5 (which is still like and are very comfy) or the others for that matter. More fun sounding and less recesses mids (vocals) than Momentum.

They may have been around for around 2 decades, but the HD25 are still one of the best supraural headphones you'll find.

i have heard hd25-1 II ,but it doesn't comfortable at all.and its vocal is ear-piercing. i don't like it

Feb 23, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #12 of 18
If you didn't like the HD25-1 II, then you probably won't like the Amperior either. It sounds to me like you may be more of a Momentum guy. I found the Momentum sounds a little more laid back in its vocals.

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:
I cannot agree that the Momentum are bass light. Unless compared to Beats or some other consumer HP although I've only once listened to them in a shop and wondered why anyone would buy them. Perhaps you've not listened to Momentums??

I agree. And of the three headphones mentioned here, the Momentum's have the most amount of bass.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SennheiserMomentum.pdf

Pretty flat down to 10Hz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back