PA2V2 vs e11? advice
Jan 30, 2012 at 5:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

acenima

Head-Fier
Hi I was wondering if I should get the pa2v2 or fiio e11. I don't own any amps and want a amp under $80. Im using a Ultrasone DJ1(hfi580) and a ipod touch 4th gen.

Jan 30, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #3 of 18
i have the HFI580 and the E17...i would definatley say go for the E11(i don't have it. but from reviews, they are similar to the E17) and i gotta say. for the bassy reason why u are buying the HFI 580. you would want the E11. the pa2v2 from what i have heard is a cleaner amp...for something like sennheiser or grado's(probably) the fiio bass boost is something you definatley want.

.any other opinions from others would be great as well

Jan 30, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #4 of 18

Quote:
..i would definatley say go for the E11.........the fiio bass boost is something you definatley want.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/590938/good-headphone-amp-for-ipod-touch-and-sennheiser-hd558-headphones

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #6 of 18
Nope, i am saying bowei006 should cease recommending products
he does not own, nor has even heard. The road to hell is paved with good
intentions' as the saying goes.

Good questions will be why do you feel you need an amp? Need more volume?
hoping for more clarity? What type of music do you listen to? Where do uou mainly
listen to music? Have you tried apps such as equalizer, EQu or sonicmaxpro? Are you looking
for a change in sound or more power? What size are music files 128 or full lossless?

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #7 of 18

Quote:
Nope, i am saying bowei006 should cease recommending products
he does not own, nor has even heard. The road to hell is paved with good
intentions' as the saying goes.

Good questions will be why do you feel you need an amp? Need more volume?
hoping for more clarity? What type of music do you listen to? Where do uou mainly
listen to music? Have you tried apps such as equalizer, EQu or sonicmaxpro? Are you looking
for a change in sound or more power? What size are music files 128 or full lossless?

I just want a better listening expeirence. I listen to mostly EDM(Electric Dance Music). So things like trance, techno, dub step, hardstyle, happy hardcore. Most my songs are 320kbps. I don't care about more volume and im not EQ savvy, i would like something that has a good universal sound.

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #8 of 18
I own the HFI 580 and the E17 which is said(is said) by others to be very similar but a bit more powerful than E11. I don't see what you are trying to say? the HFI580's are easy to drive sure. but i don't see them being up to their full potential

There are many out there who have unbassy headphones that want a little more oopmh. and i have heard the oopmh fiio bass boost does and so would be a good thing imo. Some people just don't like the bass boost or have no opinion of it. And other times....are just starters so can't hear the amp really and think it's just louder. heck when i got my E5..i was all like......ok....anything differet? nothing changed. it was until i spent a week with it and unpluged it that i felt the differnce going direct. The other person with the HD558's spent about 1-2 days with it. Not really giving it a chance to play on his ears.

and you are exactly right. i shouldn't recommend things i don't own. i had a discussion with brooko last week about it. now i odn't recommend. i just point out to them that i have heard. and i put emphasiss on that summarizationt hat these cans might be this or that. and to check out reviews and how it's not final. for this post however. i have heard. again. heard that the E11 is very similar to my E17. and it just so happened to be that i have an hfi 580 and E17 and therefore...see fit that i am at least legible for this question

Jan 30, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #9 of 18

Quote:
I own the HFI 580 and the E17 which is said(is said) by others to be very similar but a bit more powerful than E11. I don't see what you are trying to say? the HFI580's are easy to drive sure. but i don't see them being up to their full potential

There are many out there who have unbassy headphones that want a little more oopmh. and i have heard the oopmh fiio bass boost does and so would be a good thing imo. Some people just don't like the bass boost or have no opinion of it. And other times....are just starters so can't hear the amp really and think it's just louder. heck when i got my E5..i was all like......ok....anything differet? nothing changed. it was until i spent a week with it and unpluged it that i felt the differnce going direct. The other person with the HD558's spent about 1-2 days with it. Not really giving it a chance to play on his ears.

and you are exactly right. i shouldn't recommend things i don't own. i had a discussion with brooko last week about it. now i odn't recommend. i just point out to them that i have heard. and i put emphasiss on that summarizationt hat these cans might be this or that. and to check out reviews and how it's not final. for this post however. i have heard. again. heard that the E11 is very similar to my E17. and it just so happened to be that i have an hfi 580 and E17 and therefore...see fit that i am at least legible for this question

Is it worth the extra amount of money for a e17 and where did you buy it? based so far it seems people are saying the e11 is better than the pa2v2

Jan 30, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #10 of 18

Quote:
Is it worth the extra amount of money for a e17 and where did you buy it? based so far it seems people are saying the e11 is better than the pa2v2

i don't have the PA2V2 and so i can't compare it to my E17. but there is probably good reason in that. and that is the bass boost. i don't need to have the PA2V2 to have heard from many that the bass isn't what they expected. and i and many want that extra oomph which is why you are seeing more positive E11 posts. again. don't have it. just deducing..not a long shot or anything.

Is it worth it?it depends on what stuff you currently have,what you listen to, any other cans. ill break this down. answer these questions:

Do you have a desktop with an external dedicated sound card? if yes. specifcy
do you have a mac? if so. what year and model
Do you have an ipod? if yes, what year and model. If no, what is your portable device if any?
Do you want just a portable set, or both. one for at home with computer as an external high quality sound chip and one you can easily bring with you?
What genre's and artists do you listen too?

Answer these plz. but for right now. i don't think you need one..but then again. depending on ur answer i could be wrong. 

Jan 30, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #11 of 18

Quote:
i don't have the PA2V2 and so i can't compare it to my E17. but there is probably good reason in that. and that is the bass boost. i don't need to have the PA2V2 to have heard from many that the bass isn't what they expected. and i and many want that extra oomph which is why you are seeing more positive E11 posts. again. don't have it. just deducing..not a long shot or anything.

Is it worth it?it depends on what stuff you currently have,what you listen to, any other cans. ill break this down. answer these questions:

Do you have a desktop with an external dedicated sound card? if yes. specifcy
do you have a mac? if so. what year and model
Do you have an ipod? if yes, what year and model. If no, what is your portable device if any?
Do you want just a portable set, or both. one for at home with computer as an external high quality sound chip and one you can easily bring with you?
What genre's and artists do you listen too?

Answer these plz. but for right now. i don't think you need one..but then again. depending on ur answer i could be wrong. 

Do you have a desktop with an external dedicated sound card? asus 5.1 xonar dg
do you have a mac? No
Do you have an ipod? Ipod touch 4th generation 32GB
Do you want just a portable set, or both. one for at home with computer as an external high quality sound chip and one you can easily bring with you? Something portable would be cool, pairing up with my sound card once in awhile would be a plus but not a must.
What genre's and artists do you listen too?EDM(Electric dance music) like hardstyle, trance, techno, happy hardcore, dubstep, hip hop, elektro, eurodance

I dont think paying a large extra sum of money for a e17 would be worth it if you are correct about the e11 being similar.

Jan 31, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #12 of 18

Quote:
Do you have a desktop with an external dedicated sound card? asus 5.1 xonar dg
do you have a mac? No
Do you have an ipod? Ipod touch 4th generation 32GB
Do you want just a portable set, or both. one for at home with computer as an external high quality sound chip and one you can easily bring with you? Something portable would be cool, pairing up with my sound card once in awhile would be a plus but not a must.
What genre's and artists do you listen too?EDM(Electric dance music) like hardstyle, trance, techno, happy hardcore, dubstep, hip hop, elektro, eurodance

I dont think paying a large extra sum of money for a e17 would be worth it if you are correct about the e11 being similar.

Haha this is the problem here. Your answer makes you legible for the e17. The dg is a cheap starter model if irenenber correctly. Go read clieos,jeadfonia and headfonics review and see if it fits u. But now let me get into the problem. I dont have the e11. So like the other person said. I cant say the e17 is better. If u read the reviews and listen they all say its similar. However the EQ is extremely pleasant on e17 with hfi 580. Plz go read the reviews and get some sense of what it is and come back :D

Some people say an amp is needed JUST to drive an headphone. Why not give everyone an E9 recommendation and call it a day if the amp just drives? Because it sound different. I want a good sounding amp. So even if the e9 could deive hd650 most dont like the pairing. Im just putting this out there as many are all. Hfi can be driven. Yes but tonality are different with amp and if u want to stay in head fi. Having an amp re inforces the feel, knowledge and nee for an amp when u upgrade. Or u could just fet some nice headphone that is easy tobdrive that is the cost of hfi and amp and then save up again for amp. But ifbwe fllow that pattern the paradox happens as then u ask urself. If i could save to this point why didnt i buy something even more expensive and save for amp? See. Problem

Jan 31, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #13 of 18

Quote:

Haha this is the problem here. Your answer makes you legible for the e17. The dg is a cheap starter model if irenenber correctly. Go read clieos,jeadfonia and headfonics review and see if it fits u. But now let me get into the problem. I dont have the e11. So like the other person said. I cant say the e17 is better. If u read the reviews and listen they all say its similar. However the EQ is extremely pleasant on e17 with hfi 580. Plz go read the reviews and get some sense of what it is and come back :D

Some people say an amp is needed JUST to drive an headphone. Why not give everyone an E9 recommendation and call it a day if the amp just drives? Because it sound different. I want a good sounding amp. So even if the e9 could deive hd650 most dont like the pairing. Im just putting this out there as many are all. Hfi can be driven. Yes but tonality are different with amp and if u want to stay in head fi. Having an amp re inforces the feel, knowledge and nee for an amp when u upgrade. Or u could just fet some nice headphone that is easy tobdrive that is the cost of hfi and amp and then save up again for amp. But ifbwe fllow that pattern the paradox happens as then u ask urself. If i could save to this point why didnt i buy something even more expensive and save for amp? See. Problem

Haha such a long reply dragging on and on. I will look at the e17 reviews and comparisions. But you still never answered my question of where online I can buy the e17, so where can i get one?

Jan 31, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #14 of 18

Quote:
...i would definatley say go for the E11... and i gotta say. for the bassy reason why u are buying the HFI 580. you would want the E11. ............. the fiio bass boost is something you definatley want.

Quote:

and you are exactly right. i shouldn't recommend things i don't own. i had a discussion with brooko last week about it. now i don't recommend.

Classic:)

I would recommend trying other headphones or IEMs in a store to see If you can find the type of sound you are looking for.

IEMS
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-218-iems-compared-fischer-audio-paradigm-v-3-fa-977-jazz-added-1-29-12

Portable cans
http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-96-portable-headphones-reviewed-v-moda-m-80-added-11-27-11

or If you are dead set on going the portable amp way......(you`ll need an LOD too)
Portable amps under $100 review
http://www.headfonia.com/music-on-a-budget-sub-100-portable-amps-shootout/

Jan 31, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #15 of 18

Quote:

Classic:)

I would recommend trying other headphones or IEMs in a store to see If you can find the type of sound you are looking for.

IEMS
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-218-iems-compared-fischer-audio-paradigm-v-3-fa-977-jazz-added-1-29-12

Portable cans
http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-96-portable-headphones-reviewed-v-moda-m-80-added-11-27-11

or If you are dead set on going the portable amp way......(you`ll need an LOD too)
Portable amps under $100 review
http://www.headfonia.com/music-on-a-budget-sub-100-portable-amps-shootout/

this just brings me back to step 1, i already looked at all these threads and used the search function. Im just clueless which path to take since i have never owned a amp and not a audioligist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back