Pairing a Fiio Amp with a Fiio DAC...?
Nov 29, 2013 at 11:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

caspur

New Head-Fier
Hey All,

I've been a long time lurker of Head-Fi and have made 90% of my headphone buying choices based on what has been discussed here. This is actually the first time I've ever posted, and I apologize if it's a stupid question.

I've recently purchased a Fiio E07k DAC/AMP combo and have found it to be pretty awesome as a portable dac for my laptop. It seems to make a huge difference. I also recently got a free Fiio e6 amp with a headphone purchase, and was wondering if there is anyway to pair these together, or if it's even worth it?

Basically what I'm asking is -- Can I go from my laptop -> Fiio E07k --> Fiio E6 --> Headphones.. or will this simply not work / cause more trouble than it's worth. I thought it'd be cool if I could get an extra bass boost or something.

I've looked everywhere for an answer and haven't seen anything done like this before, so maybe I'm just asking a stupid question, but I figured if anyone could clear this up for me it'd be the awesome guys and girls at Head-Fi.

Thanks and hope everyone had a good thanksgiving / blackfriday (be nice to your wallets :p).

Caspur

Nov 30, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #2 of 3
You can, either by double amping (the way you have described) or by getting a line-out dock (FiiO L7) for the E07k.

However, besides able to get higher bass boost, you really won't get any more power or better SQ. In fact, you might actually get less power and worst SQ. Well, maybe you will get some fun out of trying. It shouldn't harm your headphone in anyway, as long as you are sensible on the volume.

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #3 of 3
Hey All,

I've been a long time lurker of Head-Fi and have made 90% of my headphone buying choices based on what has been discussed here. This is actually the first time I've ever posted, and I apologize if it's a stupid question.

I've recently purchased a Fiio E07k DAC/AMP combo and have found it to be pretty awesome as a portable dac for my laptop. It seems to make a huge difference. I also recently got a free Fiio e6 amp with a headphone purchase, and was wondering if there is anyway to pair these together, or if it's even worth it?

Basically what I'm asking is -- Can I go from my laptop -> Fiio E07k --> Fiio E6 --> Headphones.. or will this simply not work / cause more trouble than it's worth. I thought it'd be cool if I could get an extra bass boost or something.

I've looked everywhere for an answer and haven't seen anything done like this before, so maybe I'm just asking a stupid question, but I figured if anyone could clear this up for me it'd be the awesome guys and girls at Head-Fi.

Thanks and hope everyone had a good thanksgiving / blackfriday (be nice to your wallets :p).

Caspur

The E07k is more powerful as an amplifier than the E6. If you chain amplifiers together the final output will only be as strong as the last amp in the chain. So it would be better to go laptop->E6->E07K. Except the E6 doesn't have a DAC :p Well, you can stack the bass boosts of the E07k and E6 together in the manner you describe, but if you're looking for bass boost on the computer there are also many software adjustments available that can give the same results :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back