Pathos Inpol Ear Headphone Amplifier
Jul 1, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #616 of 694
Hello
Regarding the Ethernet input , I phoned Pathos
They told me that it was on the old version
However , it seems that they have a new DAC board
I 'll inquire and report back

By the way , which tubes would you advise pour better bass ?
Cheers

Jul 3, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #617 of 694
Hello
Regarding the Ethernet input , I phoned Pathos
They told me that it was on the old version
However , it seems that they have a new DAC board
I 'll inquire and report back

By the way , which tubes would you advise pour better bass ?
Cheers
Anything is better than the stock tubes 😂

Joking aside, the excellent 6922 Tube Review is great starting point.

Jul 3, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #618 of 694
I like my "tonally rich" Mullard/RTC E188CC link, link. Very nice bass.

Jul 6, 2023 at 4:08 AM Post #619 of 694
I used it with a fellow italian, the Aqua LaScala (has 2.2 V output). Both the single ended and balanced out was splendid! (SE being a bit better in this case). I can highly recommend it.
I’m becoming hooked on tonality with La Scala -> Pathos 😂

Looking at Grado’s to compliment the Focal with the Pathos. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #620 of 694
That maybe NOT a goog pairing. The reason @carboncopy (a Grado fan) sold his Inpol to me is that (if I remembered correctly) he heard noises on his Grados. Don't know what amp he ended up with.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #621 of 694
That maybe NOT a goog pairing. The reason @carboncopy (a Grado fan) sold his Inpol to me is that (if I remembered correctly) he heard noises on his Grados. Don't know what amp he ended up with.
Aha, that’s certainly good feedback. Thanks 🙏

All of the sudden I see no Grados in my future 😂

Jul 17, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #622 of 694
Has anyone done a comparison between the sound quality of the 6.3 mm versus the XLR headphone outputs?

Aug 14, 2023 at 12:45 AM Post #623 of 694
I use my InPol to drive Grado PS2000e using 6.3mm along with Utopia 2020 with a Danacable Nirvana XLR termination. They compliment each other fine and I have zero issues with the Grado, sounds stunning.

Aug 14, 2023 at 1:29 AM Post #624 of 694
I use my InPol to drive Grado PS2000e using 6.3mm along with Utopia 2020 with a Danacable Nirvana XLR termination. They compliment each other fine and I have zero issues with the Grado, sounds stunning.
Great, I’ll revisit the idea of using Grados with the InPol 👍

Sep 13, 2023 at 10:16 PM Post #625 of 694
It is hard to find one in perfect condition in used markets

Sep 14, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #626 of 694
Yes, I was just fortunate.

Sep 15, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #628 of 694
I would like to know about the difference the HiDac card makes with the sound production of this amp. I haven't really given it a thought in the past because I have always behaved like a purist who believes both amps and Dacs do their best when operating separately rather than being combined in one chassis as a DAC/Amp offering. That said, I use and own some AMP/DAC combos in small packages such as dongles (e.g. cayin ru6 and ru7, the ifi Gold Bar) or transportable units such as the ifi Micro idsd Dac/amp SE edition for OTG purposes but for all desktop uses, I have stuck to avoiding such DAC/AMP solutions. Currently I use InPol Ear with my Yggdrasil A2 with Unison USB, but if the HiDAC card is worth exploring, if only for the delivery of different but exciting sonic flavors from the InPol Ear, I wouldn't mind trying it to see where it leads. The question is whether it is indeed worth including under such circumstances. I haven't read much about the DAC card in this forum, I confess.

Sep 17, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #629 of 694
I would like to know about the difference the HiDac card makes with the sound production of this amp. I haven't really given it a thought in the past because I have always behaved like a purist who believes both amps and Dacs do their best when operating separately rather than being combined in one chassis as a DAC/Amp offering. That said, I use and own some AMP/DAC combos in small packages such as dongles (e.g. cayin ru6 and ru7, the ifi Gold Bar) or transportable units such as the ifi Micro idsd Dac/amp SE edition for OTG purposes but for all desktop uses, I have stuck to avoiding such DAC/AMP solutions. Currently I use InPol Ear with my Yggdrasil A2 with Unison USB, but if the HiDAC card is worth exploring, if only for the delivery of different but exciting sonic flavors from the InPol Ear, I wouldn't mind trying it to see where it leads. The question is whether it is indeed worth including under such circumstances. I haven't read much about the DAC card in this forum, I confess.
I bought the HiDac,and it is very good, but I ended up using a Gustard R26, and that is even better

Sep 18, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #630 of 694

Users who are viewing this thread

Back