Pc bass help
Dec 28, 2012 at 3:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

VVhitewolf

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, So I have been spending a lot of time reading through the website on many different topics and i ordered a pair of Panasonic RP-HTF600-S . I would like to think im a bit of a basshead. I was really looking at the the MDR-xb500 because i used them for a while and really liked them. I had a bit of a budget so the best i could do was around $50. So My question is i listen to music mostly on my laptop (sager 8130). Most the music i listen to is on Pandora or Xbox music in windows 8, i do use iTunes and foobar as well. I like that with iTunes and foobar i can adjust the bass and really make the headphones sound nice. But with the rest of the system as well as streaming music it just uses the crap onboard audio. Even the htf600 sound to level for my taste. What would you suggest for a work around? i would like the best bass possible. What i was thinking was the Xonar u3. Am i on the right track? what other options do i have to get some decent system wide bass?

Dec 28, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Hi guys, So I have been spending a lot of time reading through the website on many different topics and i ordered a pair of Panasonic RP-HTF600-S . I would like to think im a bit of a basshead. I was really looking at the the MDR-xb500 because i used them for a while and really liked them. I had a bit of a budget so the best i could do was around $50. So My question is i listen to music mostly on my laptop (sager 8130). Most the music i listen to is on Pandora or Xbox music in windows 8, i do use iTunes and foobar as well. I like that with iTunes and foobar i can adjust the bass and really make the headphones sound nice. But with the rest of the system as well as streaming music it just uses the crap onboard audio. Even the htf600 sound to level for my taste. What would you suggest for a work around? i would like the best bass possible. What i was thinking was the Xonar u3. Am i on the right track? what other options do i have to get some decent system wide bass?

The onboard audio solution should have a software or control center, and likely has a software EQ for the entire system. Look it up and look for an update or software package for whatever is in your laptop.

Beyond that, you could grab a simple Fiio E10 for $45.

The best thing for you though is going to be to find a universal equalizer. Just google it.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back