PCI-E Sound card for Vista?
Sep 8, 2013 at 4:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Aurora-Storm

New Head-Fier
Okay, one last suggestion before I order my ATH-AD900X's.

I was looking for a sound card for Vista 32x to help power my gaming audio. Originally, I was suggested this card, which looks fantastic except that it only lists Windows 7 and 8 as operating systems. I've e-mailed Creative about it (or other cards) but in the mean time I figure it doesn't hurt to ask here either.

It was suggested that I upgrade my OS to pair with that card, but OS overhaul isn't an option for me right now.

Any suggestions? I was looking at a budget ceiling of approximately 80 bucks.

PS: I trolled the forums for other threads related to Vista sound cards, but they're all ancient.

Sep 8, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #2 of 3
For around $40 over your budget, there is the Creative Titanium HD used via Amazon Warehouse. As a little bit older model card, it had Vista support when it was released.

Sep 8, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #3 of 3
For around $40 over your budget, there is the Creative Titanium HD used via Amazon Warehouse. As a little bit older model card, it had Vista support when it was released.

This is also the Titanium non-HD, not as good sound quality as the Titanium HD, but you should be able to find a used one under your budget.
Try to buy a used one that comes with the driver installation disk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back