People Seen with CIEMs
Jul 7, 2014 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

tomscy2000

Headphoneus Supremus
Post pictures and/or videos/stills of recording artists, celebrities, sports figures, etc. wearing custom in-ear monitors (or non-IEMs as well) on stage or elsewhere.

Commentary is welcome, including, but not limited to, what brand of customs they're wearing, what have they worn in the past, etc.

Wit is welcome.

Example Posts:

Ariana Grande in UE monitors. She's got one less problem with customs...

Dr. Dre, not in Beats.

moumoon's Yuka in FitEar

The BS Report

Jul 8, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #2 of 44
Harlem Yu on the Voice of China.

Tetsu (guess we have to call him Tetsuya from now on, still not used to that) from L'Arc-en-Ciel with some red FitEars.

Hyde of L'Arc-en-Ciel hiding his FitEars.

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #3 of 44

Miss BoA Kwon on stage with the Westone ES5, during the Audio-Technica 50th Anniversary Concert... 
rolleyes.gif

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #4 of 44
You can see here Avirl Lavigne wearing customs. (I don't know which brand)

This is from her Instagram with a proper shot.

Jul 9, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #8 of 44

Hyde of L'Arc-en-Ciel hiding his FitEars.

God damn it Hyde, what are you doin' man. It's like he woke up one day and decided to become vampiric Alicia Keys

Jul 9, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #10 of 44
Very interesting that so many acts use FitEar in JP. I recall reading that they're a pretty small outfit no?

I once linked Gnarlsagan to a Bieber/Slipknot mashup:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/665111/zero-audio-zh-dx200-carbo-tenore-zh-dx210-carbo-basso-carbon-aluminium-iem-information-appreciation-and-impressions-thread/1620#post_10560838

He wasn't buyin' it, so I then followed up with Koi no Mega Lover and then he got mad at me and threw his sammich against a wall 

Jul 9, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #11 of 44
They're the biggest customs outfit in Japan, no?

Maaya Sakamoto (the inspiration behind the Monet mascot) with her FitEars.

They should pay me for advertising their gear. Money to my Cayman account'd be fine. Or maybe they can get me a sandwich to replace the one this "gnarls" person ruined. I suspect he's another deviant like the rest of your acquaintances.

Jul 9, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #12 of 44
Are they? I have no idea. I recall reading shigzeo's TG334 review way back and from the way he described it, it felt like it was a just part of Suyama's dental office or something. I dunno. Then again I think Tom mentioned UE's techs being limited to like a handful of people or so and their client list is probably pretty huge. 

Maaya Sakamoto (the inspiration behind the Monet mascot) with her FitEars.

No kiddddiing. She's so modest desu in the Club Escaflowne shorts: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo3L1WmmJ6M

What happened? She's all polished in her crazy bohemian rags now 

And Seki is a dirty, dirty little man. And that's how we like him 
  Money to my Cayman account'd be fine. Or maybe they can get me a sandwich to replace the one this "gnarls" person ruined. I suspect he's another deviant like the rest of your acquaintances.

You should hook up with FAD instead

http://www.head-fi.org/t/613641/final-audio-design-appreciation-discussion-thread/4065#post_10694906

And I'll have you know that I hang out with only the most upstanding of netizens, not like you, and your unwashed masses in the animu thread 

Jul 9, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #13 of 44
Straight from Aya-chan's mouth:
  Suyama FitEar, Japan's foremost custom IEM maker

Although he could simply mean "foremost" as in quality, but....oh, I give up
mad.gif

And what are you doing looking at 16 year olds on Youtube? I should have saw this coming....

Kim Hyun Joong (SS501) with I believe JHs.

Jul 9, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #14 of 44
Probably foremost as an indicator of quality I'm guessing... 

Quote:

And what are you doing looking at 16 year olds on Youtube? I should have saw this coming....

I was 18 when I bought the VoE box set and besides, Maaya is 4 years older than me :l 

Here's a pic of Eye demonstrating proper hearing protection as he prepares to smash his guitar harp thingamajig 

And here's Casio man YOLOing it up in front of a stack just not given' a ****. He just doesn't have time for no in ears when he's freakin out 

Jul 9, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #15 of 44
The first time I saw it was on YTV (in Canada), back when they had some weird adult stuff playing. You could just get cheap VHS subs off of the flea market so I'm not sure why anyone would bother with a box set. I believe someone had them remastered up to snuff a couple of years back.

But this isn't what people are tuning in for...

They're probably wearing Canalworks in their left ears.

Kai (EXO) with Westone 4s.

Taeyeon with her UEs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back