Perfect Sound D901 Dido vs Fostex Th600 vs Final Audio Pandora VI (Need help choosing. Priorities listed inside)
Feb 12, 2014 at 1:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

grizzlybeast

My name is grizzlybeast and I'm an audioholic.
So like the title says I am trying to choose between these three.

Reasons... Well I think I need to stop buying headphones and  I was going to get the SENNHEISER HD 8 Dj to write to and I need some excitement but detail/clarity as well. I figured I would skip it and go for one of these and be done for a while especially since 830 is my limit.. I am getting excited even typing this. Below are my priorities in exact order:

1. BASS: not just a tiny bit north of neutral like a 7520 or mt220 or something but BASSHEAD LEVELS and not sloppy. The more the merrier. 
2. TRANSIENT RESPONSE/ATTACK: I want it to punch and kick and slap and all that!!!
3. DETAIL: really important to me as the little details pluck the imagination strings of my creativity.
4. IMAGING: I dont want it to sound all melted together and would like the positioning to be worthy of the price.
5. MIDS: I don't mind them falling behind the bas a tiny bit but I still want to enjoy them
6. SOUNDSTAGE: just not congested slightly above your decent 300 dollar headphone is fine.
7. TIMBRE: real as possible
8. HIGHS: I can turn down the highs and tolerate brightness but I would prefer the least sibilant or essy one(reason it is 8 is because this is preferred but least important).

Feel free to help me by just using the numbers and commenting accordingly ie The dido does #1 really well but not 7 so well etc..

I will greatly appreciate any and all help.. 
biggrin.gif

Thanks
what I listen to.. (bass here isnt that tight to begin with):

below is not really what I listen to as much but I figured it would show some good bass for test

Feb 12, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #5 of 11
The only one I've tried has been the Dido of course, but question, why not include the Ultrasone Signature DJs?
I believe that they are the best "basshead" headphone I have tried yet and it is a TRULY closed-back headphone (i.e. no leaking like the Denon/Fostex) and I do prefer it over the Didos.

Feb 12, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #6 of 11
  The only one I've tried has been the Dido of course, but question, why not include the Ultrasone Signature DJs?
I believe that they are the best "basshead" headphone I have tried yet and it is a TRULY closed-back headphone (i.e. no leaking like the Denon/Fostex) and I do prefer it over the Didos.

I cant afford them... I need to look for a good price on them.

Feb 12, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #7 of 11
Got it.
Sent you a PM for an option you can check out.

Regarding the Final Audio ones, I'm just concerned about comfort...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back