Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Dec 14, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #1,292 of 1,454
I finished writing my in-depth review of the Periodic Audio Nickel. While surely it is an amplifier that's specific in its purpose, it does its job really well, and despite the price point, it does have a place in today's market, as it filled a spot that was left empty by other manufacturers. I invite you to read more about it in the full in-depth review, which I'm copying to Head-Fi as wel speak!

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2019/12/uber-nano-mini-periodic-audio-nickel.html

Periodic-Audio-Ni-Nickel-AMP-Portable-Amplifier-Headphone-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-21.jpg

Dec 15, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #1,293 of 1,454
I finished writing my in-depth review of the Periodic Audio Nickel. While surely it is an amplifier that's specific in its purpose, it does its job really well, and despite the price point, it does have a place in today's market, as it filled a spot that was left empty by other manufacturers. I invite you to read more about it in the full in-depth review, which I'm copying to Head-Fi as wel speak!

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2019/12/uber-nano-mini-periodic-audio-nickel.html

Periodic-Audio-Ni-Nickel-AMP-Portable-Amplifier-Headphone-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-21.jpg

@Dobrescu George,

Great Review as always !

Keep up the good work !

Hope you have a great day !

Dec 17, 2019 at 12:15 AM Post #1,295 of 1,454
Picked up a blem C with the half off code that's currently running. Got 'em yesterday, and while I haven't formed final opinions yet obviously, they're certainly a good deal at that price.
cool. santa clause mined some beryllium for me, i really wanted to try these and i know it's already been delivered. can't wait for xmas! (it's a gift).

edit: btw the website is giving fake certs on both chrome and firefox, i recommend not ordering now.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #1,296 of 1,454
Picked up a blem C with the half off code that's currently running. Got 'em yesterday, and while I haven't formed final opinions yet obviously, they're certainly a good deal at that price.

Hope you enjoy them, @kukkurovaca.

Be intererested on your thoughts on how you find the C after some time with them.

I certainly enjoy my pair when it's their turn in use.

Dec 18, 2019 at 2:17 AM Post #1,297 of 1,454
cool. santa clause mined some beryllium for me, i really wanted to try these and i know it's already been delivered. can't wait for xmas! (it's a gift).

edit: btw the website is giving fake certs on both chrome and firefox, i recommend not ordering now.

@genck,

Thanks for the warning, lucky I don't need anything urgently though I do notice in the last few months, their site has odd issues.

I suggest reporting to @DanWiggins.

Dec 18, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #1,298 of 1,454

It's all fixed! The Neck had a bit of a talk with the webmaster, it won't happen again...

(For those who don't get it, read our privacy policy)

Dec 19, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #1,300 of 1,454
Hope you enjoy them, @kukkurovaca.

Be intererested on your thoughts on how you find the C after some time with them.

Thanks! So far I like them a lot, with the usual caveats about the cables. My only issue sound-wise is that I feel like sometimes vocals are more recessed than I would like. To the point where I would almost skip these for genres where folks are singing. Will need to experiment with EQ.

Dec 23, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #1,302 of 1,454
Thanks! So far I like them a lot, with the usual caveats about the cables. My only issue sound-wise is that I feel like sometimes vocals are more recessed than I would like. To the point where I would almost skip these for genres where folks are singing. Will need to experiment with EQ.

@kukkurovaca,

5 year warranty makes any possible issues with cables moot nor is it necessary to change cable just for cable sake but the latter is just my humble opinion.

I listen to a lot of vocals & I mean a lot.
This is also with mulitple sources.
I heard no recessed vocal range at all with the C NONE AT ALL, what are you using as source & what is the source quality?

Subjectively & personally, EQ won't help if you're hearing recessed vocals whether it's there or not for various reasons.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #1,303 of 1,454
Periodic Audio Carbon on its way to me, really curious how it will sound! :)

Be curious how you find them, @Dobrescu George, I sincerely doubt you be disappointed.
Also, don't forget to pair with the Nickel.

Personally & subjectively, I find them hard to put down when in use.

Look forward to finding out how things turn out for you.

Dec 23, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #1,304 of 1,454
I listen to a lot of vocals & I mean a lot.
This is also with mulitple sources.
I heard no recessed vocal range at all with the C NONE AT ALL, what are you using as source & what is the source quality?

Subjectively & personally, EQ won't help if you're hearing recessed vocals whether it's there or not for various reasons.

SR71A, ALO CDM, Phatlab Phantasy. Tidal mostly.

Disagree about EQ being a nonstarter. A gentle lift in the midrange helps a lot.

Anyway, may absolutely be down to taste. I’ll continue listening & experimenting.

Dec 23, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #1,305 of 1,454
SR71A, ALO CDM, Phatlab Phantasy. Tidal mostly.

Disagree about EQ being a nonstarter. A gentle lift in the midrange helps a lot.

Anyway, may absolutely be down to taste. I’ll continue listening & experimenting.

Re-looking at graphs and some extant reviews for a reference. Quite strong v-shape, which sounds right to me. There's a big dip at 4-5k which could be part of my issue. And a narrow spike at 6k but I don't know if that's actually a measurement artifact. If the 6k peak is actually in there, I wonder if it's throwing me off by causing me to listen at a lower volume.

upload_2019-12-23_10-53-48.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back