Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be, C
Apr 13, 2022 at 8:32 PM Post #1,426 of 1,454
TS on the input (amp/phone/DAP side)? Yes. it's mono. On the output (IEM/headphone side)? Nope. You only HAVE a mono signal to each IEM - a left signal or a right signal. So you only need two wires. Just like a home stereo - one pair of wires to each speaker is all you need.
So does that mean if I have the TS connections on each earphone but 4.4mm on the dap side, the cable should produce a balanced signal?

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #1,427 of 1,454
So does that mean if I have the TS connections on each earphone but 4.4mm on the dap side, the cable should produce a balanced signal?
Yes. What sets the balanced nature of things is the amp/electronics, so that's the 4.4mm side.

Headphone/IEM sides are pretty much always mono on each side (some headphones with a single cable - like the older Blue stuff I did - is stereo in the cable). Anything that has a cable to each side of your headphones/IEMs is mono at that end. But stereo (single ended or balanced) at the other end.

May 6, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #1,429 of 1,454
I heard both the Be and C recently at Axpona and felt that the new models did improve the overall performance compared to my originals.
I did listen to the new Carbon for some time thru my Rhodium and the upgraded Nickel amp and found the combination to sound outstanding!

May 6, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #1,431 of 1,454
Is the comfort about the same as well?
Yes, although the shells are of a slightly different shape and to accommodate the removable cables, the diameter is about the same, hence their comfort remains unchanged. To my ears, the internal changes resulted in some audible refinement to the overall SQ.
Ron

Last edited:
May 8, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #1,432 of 1,454
Note that the internal enclosure shape, volume and the transducer are the same; much of what you heard was moving to the new Tritan 1501 HF plastic. We spent 3 years of research with Eastman Chemicals to figure out how to measure and quantify the acoustical performance of thermopolymers. We tested way too many plastics, and ended up deciding that - as of now - the Tritan 1501 HF is the best acoustical material, with measurably lower energy storage and ringing, and subjectively it also tested the best as well:

https://audioxpress.com/news/eastma...ter-and-eastman-tr-va-engineering-bioplastics

We push the engineering most companies don't even realize exist...:)

May 9, 2022 at 6:41 AM Post #1,433 of 1,454
Thanks for the explanation Dan, it was evident that you had added a special sauce to your updated IEMs. I am pleased that what I heard was not a figment of my imagination!

Note that the internal enclosure shape, volume and the transducer are the same; much of what you heard was moving to the new Tritan 1501 HF plastic. We spent 3 years of research with Eastman Chemicals to figure out how to measure and quantify the acoustical performance of thermopolymers. We tested way too many plastics, and ended up deciding that - as of now - the Tritan 1501 HF is the best acoustical material, with measurably lower energy storage and ringing, and subjectively it also tested the best as well:

https://audioxpress.com/news/eastma...ter-and-eastman-tr-va-engineering-bioplastics

Jun 16, 2022 at 7:50 PM Post #1,434 of 1,454
Just stopping by to say a big Thank You to the Periodic Audio folks. I have a pair of the original Be that developed a cable issue. I contacted support to see if they could be repaired, and Justin hooked me up with an RMA. They were sent in as instructed and today USPS delivered a box from Periodic Audi. What do I find inside? A brand-new pair of Be IEMs with all trimmings, the newest revision with removable cables. They are plugged into my LG V60, and I'm enjoying the S%$! out of them, again. :ksc75smile:

@DanWiggins and team, you guys make great products and take care of our customers. You metal!!!

[edited for grammer]

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #1,435 of 1,454

You're all a bunch of nerds :wink:

But seriously that stuff is awesome! I still got my OG carbons and I'm hoping for a sale to pick up the new BE

Jun 17, 2022 at 8:18 AM Post #1,436 of 1,454
I'm thinking of upgrading my be and buying the new version with the removable cable. However, I listen to a lot of edm as well as metal, therfore would the carbon be better?

Jun 17, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #1,437 of 1,454
You're all a bunch of nerds :wink:

But seriously that stuff is awesome! I still got my OG carbons and I'm hoping for a sale to pick up the new BE
Yes, yes we are.

And we're proud of that nerd status! It allows us to go to places in design/development that most companies don't realize exist. It's also why we have dozens of patents throughout our careers - we are quite creative thinkers, always pushing the boundaries!

And there's some VERY special things coming out in Q3/Q4 this year. Stuff that's gonna make people go "that's physically impossible - but yet, there it is".

Jun 17, 2022 at 10:33 AM Post #1,438 of 1,454
Jun 17, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #1,439 of 1,454
Thanks for the explanation Dan, it was evident that you had added a special sauce to your updated IEMs. I am pleased that what I heard was not a figment of my imagination!

While I cannot do a side by side comparison, I too hear some sonic differences. More details and a bit less Midbass emphasis without loosing any of the slam and punch the Be delivers. The Be house sound is there, it's just more better. They sound delicious with metal through my V60 or my Schiit Audio Fulla E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back