Perreaux Silhouette SXH2 NOS - Good idea, bad idea?
Oct 8, 2015 at 2:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ScubadudeSA

Head-Fier
Hey there!

Greetings from South Africa :smile:

I have an opportunity to buy one of these new and sealed in the original box for about half the official retail price. With no local Perreaux distributor or agent, is this is great idea or ... or is it daft?

For context: I already have an SPL Phonitor (original model), and sometimes use my NAD D1050 and NuPrime uDSD DACs as headamps as well. The Phonitor is great with the HD800, HD600 and HD540 Reference Gold Senns, as well as the entry-level Grado SR60i's and a couple of less illustrious cans. However it is at its best with high impedance cans, and I'm thinking of adding orthos from the Audeze or Hifiman stables. Anyone have experience with the SXH2 and say LCD2 or HE-560?

The SXH2 has been around for over 10 years now ... What are the known issues with this model? Is it generally reliable? Can circuit diagrams be obtained? Is it a worthwhile addition at around US$300, or what else should be considered in the price range?

Many thanks!

Oct 10, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #2 of 2
Not wanting to bump incessantly ... but does anyone have experience with the SXH2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back