Philips Fidelio X3
Sep 12, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #46 of 1,964
Removable ass? Have you located many of those?
A long time ago I worked with someone whose ass was so big and at the same time so protrusive that it looked. . . modular, like some kind of bolt-on attachment. The person in question could have been standing up ‘straight’ and you still would have been able to rest your beer on top of it, perfectly perpendicular.

Sep 12, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #47 of 1,964
Don’t think I’ve ever come across open backed wireless. Does anyone even make them?

Yes? Sennheiser does, as far as I know, RS 120? they look like they just stepped out of the 90's. Not confidence inspiring, Also meant for TV? Not PC.
The problem is they are the only ones that do, as far as I know. Which is my main problem.

For some reason when it comes to headphones Wireless = Portable, hence why most of them have noise cancelling and are closed back. Not really meant for PC either.

There is always something simple that I can't get, because it is not the popular opinion.

Sep 12, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #48 of 1,964
A long time ago I worked with someone whose ass was so big and at the same time so protrusive that it looked. . . modular, like some kind of bolt-on attachment. The person in question could have been standing up ‘straight’ and you still would have been able to rest your beer on top of it, perfectly perpendicular.
I can picture it now. Seen a few myself

Sep 16, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #53 of 1,964
30 Ohms impedance
Supposedly 350€ in price, releasing at the end of this year or at the beginning of 2020.

Philips-Fidelio-X3-06.jpg

Philips-Fidelio-X3-01.jpg

IMG_2309.1000x563.jpg

Sep 16, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #56 of 1,964
Yet another closed headphone from Philips pretending to be open... Stupid.

How do you know that? It could be as open as a barn door under that thin layer of fabric...

X2 simply used fabric material on the inside of the mesh screen. I have a feeling this is similar, just with the fabric on the outside for a fresher ‘hipster-friendly’ look.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #57 of 1,964
How do you know that? It could be as open as a barn door under that thin layer of fabric...

Even if true, which I very much doubt, the fabric looks far too thick to be acoustically transparent. There will be reflections inside the cups (I'm guessing a warmish/dark bias). It's still a closed headphone...

X2 simply used fabric material on the inside of the mesh screen.

I'll have to open mine and see it for myself to be sure, but looks like a plastic imitation to me... https://www.head-fi.org/threads/philips-fidelio-x2.723025/page-675#post-12377055

But it's still closed; it sounds closed. In the small space of headphone earcups, a fabric that thick can't be transparent. Nothing wrong with that, manufacturers just shouldn't be trolling consumers. I'll probably rip it off if I get too lazy to return mine to amazon.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #58 of 1,964
Even if true, which I very much doubt, the fabric looks far too thick to be acoustically transparent. There will be reflections inside the cups (I'm guessing a warmish/dark bias). It's still a closed headphone...

I'll have to open mine and see it for myself to be sure, but looks like a plastic imitation to me... https://www.head-fi.org/threads/philips-fidelio-x2.723025/page-675#post-12377055

But it's still closed; it sounds closed. In the small space of headphone earcups, a fabric that thick can't be transparent. Nothing wrong with that, manufacturers just shouldn't be trolling consumers. I'll probably rip it off if I get too lazy to return mine to amazon.

Yeah, it could be thick. Or it could just be the venue lighting or camera tricks.

When zooming in, the fabric reminds me of speaker grille fabric. And if so, that should be fairly transparent acoustically. At least on speakers, which as you pointed out will be more restrictive on speaker cups.

Well just have to wait and see once they get in some hands and taken apart.

Sep 17, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #59 of 1,964
I'm gagging for it, in a none dirty kinda way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back