Philips SHP2000 vs SHP2500?
Oct 7, 2010 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ricardofcf

New Head-Fier
So, I've been reading about the Philips SHP2000 and the SHP2500 and have found mostly positive reviews on these, at least for the price. My question is: what are the main differences between the two (acoustically speaking)?

I known the SHP2000 has an open acoustic system while the other one is closed and, if learned right here at Head-FI, open headphones will generally perform better than closed ones when we are talking about low-end, cheap headphones. Is that right?

If any of you tried both of them, could you tell me which one is more balanced, which one has the better bass, mids and highs? Finally, are the SHP2000 really more comfortable?

I know that you are probably thinking "is it 2007 already?" but the reason I'm asking you to compare these "old" two it's simply because I'm looking for a good pair of headphones on a budget. Hope you can help!

Oct 9, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #3 of 3
I tried both the Philips SHP2000 and SHP2500. The SHP2000 is louder. The SHP2500 can sometimes be too quite. The SHP2500 has a volume rocker, longer cable, and a much better bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back