Phonak Audeo 012s are Bomb, Questions about replacing the left HJE900 ear bud
Nov 22, 2010 at 11:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

DiscoBurger

100+ Head-Fier
Just minutes ago got myself a pair of the Phonak Audeo 012 (perfect bass) IEMs and first impressions are good, Just wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions. Also I have been trying to find the replacement part for my broken HJE900s, the let ear bud broke in half despite the fact that it is sturdy. I called panny and went to the parts store, firstly the guy on the phone couldn't comprehend at all what it was that I was looking for and secondly the part number he gave me was for an earphone that costs 4 dollars...that just doesn't seem right. Here's the part number, #rfx7599 let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Nov 22, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #2 of 9

Quote:
 Just minutes ago got myself a pair of the Phonak Audeo 012 (perfect bass) IEMs and first impressions are good, Just wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions. 

You're very welcome. I'm glad you like them. I liked them alot too. They were exactly what i was looking for....good sound quality & extremely light & comfortable.

Nov 22, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #3 of 9
I have them both - two opposite sound signatures almost in every respect and not just because one uses BA driver and the other dynamic. My mind and ears tell me that theoretically Phonaks are much more proper phones, especially with gray or black filters. But for some reason every time I have to work out or jog or just need a jolt with some good ole rock-n-roll or even opera or symphony my soul chooses Pannys and never regrets. Go figure :)

Nov 22, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #4 of 9
You know what I agree with you albau, I was hating on the pannies but for some genres they are FANTASTIC...does this look like the right part http://www.partstore.com/SearchResults.aspx?q=rfx7599&x=0&y=0 for this problem?

Nov 22, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #5 of 9
Can you return the Pannies instead of going through all this trouble of finding a part that possibly doesn't exist in the U.S. and get a replacement or refund?

Nov 22, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #7 of 9
http://www.pstc.panasonic.com/Epartr/PartsListChoice.asp <- Use RP-HJE900K for Model number

Im guessing that part # is just for one of the tips since its so cheap; the actual driver from panasonic costs 88.26
eek.gif

Nov 22, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
No, panny won't accept my return...lame.

I'm surprised & very sorry at the same time that they won't accept your return.

Also I agree with

1.  kidcharlemagne   
that that part is too cheap to be a driver. Definitely NOT what you are after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back