Phone Fi
Jan 19, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #406 of 423
It's funny to see my change in just 2 months. I know this is phone fi but after getting my Cayin dap, my phone has been strictly Bluetooth is usage. Sound difference is big imo

Jan 25, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #408 of 423
Next time I'll go back to Nokia or Motorola for stock Android on a budget. I hope the SQ isn't too compromised.
A while ago, I saw a video about the leaked Nokia 9. As much as I didn't understand why one would need five cameras on the rear, it actually managed to make me interested. I think Nokia's newer releases provide quite a competition to other Android phones.

Apr 14, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #409 of 423
I am looking at getting a cell phone change from the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 to the iPhone XR but i heard that the LG V40 is still the best?

Apr 15, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #410 of 423
I'm currently using a Xiaomi Black Shark, the original one.
As of now it still doesn't have an official Android 9 release.

Apr 27, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #411 of 423
I am looking at getting a cell phone change from the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 to the iPhone XR but i heard that the LG V40 is still the best?

LG V50 is coming, but due to the 5G features, it will be thicker and expensive.
I picked up LG G8 thinkQ this week for its excellent Quad DAC and headphone output. To my horror, none of the Verizon stores had G8 in store; in fact, they did not have a single LG on display/demo in a sea of Samsung's and iPhones. I had to mail order it form Verizon on-line. To be fair, it came in less than 2 days.

To be honest, ALL of the TOTL phones from any brand have plenty of power and capability for my smartphone needs, so I picked the G8 based on audio quality, which is excellent, especially with a nice iem like CCA C16. It is very disturbing how phone manufacturers continue to abandon 3.5 mm headphone jacks, and I hope LG never follows suit.

IMG_0015 by drjlo2, on Flickr

IMG_0019 by drjlo2, on Flickr

May 3, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #412 of 423
I would do inventory how important sound is as a feature to you over others because I regrettably went with v40 over note 9, it easily falls shorter in all other areas but I think it's still passable as a flagship.

May 20, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #413 of 423
Let's see phones I have. I have the Note 9, Note 8, Galaxy S6 edge plus, Google Pixel XL rooted ( in process of replacing the battery due to swelling), Pixel 2, HTC Thunderbolt, Rezound. Yeah I have a few phones laying around lol

Had the Note 7 but due to the recall.

May 26, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #414 of 423
I am still using the Legendary Nokia Lumia 1020

From 2013 to present. Only the camera thou.... :) :p

Yes, its all about that camera!!

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #415 of 423
I would do inventory how important sound is as a feature to you over others because I regrettably went with v40 over note 9, it easily falls shorter in all other areas but I think it's still passable as a flagship.

I heard that the LG V series is the only cell phone series to be able to push high impedance headphones natively without an external DAC.

Jun 1, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #416 of 423
I heard that the LG V series is the only cell phone series to be able to push high impedance headphones natively without an external DAC.
I know the V20 they changed their dac to auto choose the power lvl from the ohms of the headsets. I know rooted v20s could have the older software to choose yourself. I doubt it would be on the lvl of a dac you could buy. I had iems that wouldn't even trigger the dac in my v20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back