Pi2AES having two different sound presentation with Volumio on raspberry pi5
May 8, 2024 at 11:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Tardisco

New Head-Fier
hello Pi2AES owners ,

I have a pi2aes HAT from pi2 design which was purchased in 2022 year ,
Its setup with Raspberry pi5 and i am using the Volumio OS/app for streaming music via Tidal connect to my Bifrost 2/64 dac via BNC to RCA cable.

In the Volumio Settings -> playback options , i found out that my pi2aes is able to work/stream music properly when i select either of the two options in the list of drop down menu of "DAC Model" , first dropdown option being "Allo DigiOne" and second option being "HIFIBerry Digi+Pro".

Personally i am observing that if i select the "DAC Model" option Allo DigiOne and restart volumio ,and stream music via tidal connect to my dac, it sounds tiny bit fuller/thicker ,
however,
if i select the "DAC Model" option as HIFIBerry Digi+Pro and restart volumio ,and stream music via tidal connect to my dac, it sounds tiny bit leaner/thinner and bit quieter compared to if i select "DAC Model" option as Allo DigiOne ... not sure if its because drivers?

i also notice that when i choose HIFIBerry Digi+Pro as the option , there is an additional option on the left side on the menu called "HIFIBerry ADC", which if i click it mutes the pi2aes HAT.

Searched the internet and could not find anyone having such findings..

Can the pi2aes owners of this forum and others , confirm if it is only mine unit that is behaving this way or if its true for other pi2aes+volumio owners as well.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back