picked up a Audioquest Carbon USB cable
Jul 18, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #76 of 84
I'm still curious about the differences you hear with cables such as the Elements Water cable because despite their being silver-plated copper, the jacks on your equipment are likely, something lesser. It makes it seem akin to using a fire-hose in between a garden spigot and a remote sprinkler--the cable has excellent ability to transfer signal, but you have a bottleneck on both ends. Although, I suppose you could look at it like you're maximizing your ability to transfer signal in-between pieces of equipment, given their jacks, since the cable is superior to their jacks.
I moved on from Parasound setup to Sony ES lineup. Using the Water XLR between Sony HAPZ1ES & Sony integrated TA-A1ES. I do not possess any other AQ XLRs for the comparison with this new setup, but I am all smiles with what I hear on my Focal bookshelves.

Jul 18, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #77 of 84
Sarum t digital super aray USB beats audioquest diamond imo

Jul 18, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #78 of 84
I moved on from Parasound setup to Sony ES lineup. Using the Water XLR between Sony HAPZ1ES & Sony integrated TA-A1ES. I do not possess any other AQ XLRs for the comparison with this new setup, but I am all smiles with what I hear on my Focal bookshelves.

Whoa! That's rad! I didnt know Sony had their foot in anything bearing professional style connectivity, but in a consumer-style package. That's really cool!

Jul 20, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #79 of 84
I do use audio quest fire XLR and highly recommend these interconnects

Aug 10, 2019 at 5:26 AM Post #81 of 84
I have a crap ton of AQ cables!! 6 digital cables in fact. I just switch to blackcat coppertone usb. Same price as the 1.5 meter carbon. I think is a much better usb cable. If you look up blackcat history, the man behind it knows digital. I had the silverstar usb and it was way better than the carbon to me, Then i just got his coppertone usb. Its even better than the silverstar usb. A fuller sound, better everything really. No glare to me at all.

Musicguy

Aug 10, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #82 of 84
I have a crap ton of AQ cables!! 6 digital cables in fact. I just switch to blackcat coppertone usb. Same price as the 1.5 meter carbon. I think is a much better usb cable. If you look up blackcat history, the man behind it knows digital. I had the silverstar usb and it was way better than the carbon to me, Then i just got his coppertone usb. Its even better than the silverstar usb. A fuller sound, better everything really. No glare to me at all.

Musicguy
no kidding but they are so damn costly that I can't even think of trying one. Their Signature XLR 1m goes for 5.5k USD and USB/COAX for 2k USD !!!

Aug 10, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #83 of 84
Yes, black cat cables can get expensive, Just look at his Coppertone usb and rca. and speakers cables. This is his bang for buck cables. They far exceed there performance per cost. This is what i have found. I have 3 sets of cables from him. All budget stuff. but huge sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back