Pico Dac Only - What's better and why??
Jun 14, 2009 at 4:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Luckyleo

Headphoneus Supremus
I originally posted this in the amp section but based on the responses (NOT), I thought I would re-post here and ask for your help.

I've recently purchased both a Canamp and a Pico Dac only. It's working IMO terrifically well. I'm really enjoying the sound. However, given that this is my first desktop amp and my first dedicated dac, I was wondering if having a better dac would improve the sound at all. If you do think that there is room to improve, suggested replacements for the Pico will be welcome. Also, any thoughts about how the improvement(s) will be heard will be appreciated also.

Thanks!

Jun 14, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #2 of 5
I'm thinking the same thing. I have a Gamma 1 lite DAC and it's doing a very fine job.
But I got the Head-Fi virus and now I'm thinking how a DAC like the PS Digital Link III would enhance the experience. I'm using USB 99% of the time.

Jun 14, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I owned Pico DAC/Amp and preferred Stello DA100, but Pico was definitely not a slouch in comparison.

Thanks for the input Andrew. It's much appreciated. Can you on any differences you may have noticed between the Pico and Stello?

Jun 14, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckyleo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the input Andrew. It's much appreciated. Can you on any differences you may have noticed between the Pico and Stello?

No problem at all.
Here you go
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f7/how...-da100-313175/
In the end Chord DAC64 has become my ultimate DAC of choice, so I sold Pico and moved Stello to my office setup. I still think that Pico Amp/Dac is absolutely sweet spot combo for portable/transportable rig, DAC alone less so as you supposed to use it with some other amp which kills benefit of small form factor, logically makes sense to go for something beefier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back