Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Apr 28, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #4,831 of 7,509
I have not posted in a while, but this is what I am currently using.

Jaybird Freedoms + Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE

It does the trick for me.
I really like being able to use Google Music to have my entire music collection at my finger tips.

Apr 29, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #4,832 of 7,509

Quote:
I have not posted in a while, but this is what I am currently using.

Jaybird Freedoms + Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE

It does the trick for me.
I really like being able to use Google Music to have my entire music collection at my finger tips.

What is the bitrate for Google Music? Haven't used it before...

Apr 29, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #4,834 of 7,509

Quote:

What is the bitrate for Google Music? Haven't used it before...

The bitrate is 320kbps.
Music that you upload to it is converted to that bitrate for playback.
If you upload FLAC it will be converted to a 320kbps MP3.
It is not going to be perfect for the fine tuned ear, but being able to access your most if not all of you music library is top notch.
You can upload 20,000 songs (podcast are viewed as one song each), and it's free.

Apr 29, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #4,835 of 7,509

Quote:
Beautiful!

Thank you.

Quote:
Fabulous setup!  How you like the Slim?  I think I may want one... that or the C241.

I like the slim very much. Not that I have massive experience with amps. ~But from a functionality point of view it suits me > input and output jacks at opposite ends > stepped attunator rather than a twitchy pot. Sounds better than all the others I have owned / tried.

Quote:
Seriously nice looking TF10 cable and LOD.
How do you find not having memory wire around the ears? I have a new Whiplash Twag V2 and I think that it would be nicer with something to hold it tighter behind my ears. As it is, I need to use the wooden choke to help secure the wire routing.
I could just have the wires sit out forward from my JH's but I guess that having the wire go behind the ears provides a slight strain relief from the connectors just in case I catch the wire on something while moving about.

Thank you. Previusly on DIY cables I have made ear loops, but im leaving my options open with this one in case I remould the TF10 or go the full custom route, and as the TF10 pinout differs from others the earloops were not an option. But I do most of my listeneing at my desk at work + I wear glasses which helps. Also this cable is so flexible and I have a little extra weight from the amber Y split so it tends to stay in place pretty well. How is the wooden choke on the TWag V2? The V1 ones always looked huge to me.

Apr 29, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #4,836 of 7,509
I have never really thought much about the wood. It moves nicely without having to be forced and stays where it is placed. It is relatively boring looking though.

Apr 29, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #4,837 of 7,509

My updated rig. basically a 6g iPod, Silver Dragon LOD, westone UM1 and an ibasso warbler p4

Yes. You saw it right. an HD650 in white. Perhaps i didnt take a good pic. but the headphone has like a crystal sorta effect. also a double helix molecule cable

Apr 29, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #4,840 of 7,509
i brought to an auto spray guy near my place. cool thing was when i asked him wat color i could get it painted in. he told me he could do any color! hahaha. the rest is history! And trust me, the picture doesnt do it justice. Thanks for the appreciation man

Apr 30, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #4,843 of 7,509

Quote:
bingbangboom99 said:

Yes. You saw it right. an HD650 in white. Perhaps i didnt take a good pic. but the headphone has like a crystal sorta effect. also a double helix molecule cable

Just last night I was looking up old threads of people spray painting their Sennheiser HD580/600/650 because of the original paint chipping off the cans. Out of the few pics that I did find, none of them looked as niece as these. i think a few people were contemplating/mentioning about painting them white, but none did. 
Did the person who painted them charge you much?

Apr 30, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #4,845 of 7,509
I'd love some moar pics 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back