Pioneer SE-MX9
Mar 27, 2014 at 8:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

xanlamin

Headphoneus Supremus
Pioneer has unveiled a new range of "high-end, Superior Club Sound" headphones, with dance music lovers being the target market. The new range comprises two over-ear models and two in-ear models.

The flagship over-ear model; the SE-MX9, features two, newly designed 50 mm drivers. Pioneer has also borrowed technology from its professional HDJ range. The company claims they offer "tantalising trebles and powerful bass".

SC_MX9_copper.jpg

Mar 27, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #2 of 8
OMG- can u says "beats pro?" I knew you could. 

Mar 27, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #3 of 8
The non-flagship model looks a lot like the STEEZ flagship model...  Has the same bass adjustment too... 

Aug 14, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #6 of 8
Review now up -

http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/reviews/pioneer-se-mx9/

Hifiheadphone Verdict

"These are one of those headphones I like more and more the longer I wear them - power combined with clarity makes everything sound fun and engaging without clutter or fuss. Build quality is great and the ear pads suit me as I can wear glasses or sunglasses without discomfort. Whether the average 17 year old can be convinced to forgo the fashion boost offered by that other brand remains to be seen, but if they had the chance to hear the different brands side by side these Pioneers would be the clear winner."

Dec 11, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #7 of 8
I picked up a pair of these from Newegg on Black Friday.  $200.  I am very happy with the purchase, specially at that price point.  The design, materials, and workmanship is top notch on this set of cans.  I also love the fairly compact footprint for an "over the ear" set of cans.  The sound is very detailed but at the same time refined and smooth like butter.  The low end is not exaggerated and some bassheads will probably crave more from the low end but the low end is in fact fast, accurate and extends well to the lowest notes.  I'm mainly listening to Hi-Res Jazz (Hiromi, Four Play, Metheny) and some Hi-Res Rock (Steely Dan, Rush, Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac).  I would love to see a real professional audiophile take these for a review to see what they thought.  For me they are A+

Details:
SE-MX9 Black
DAC/AMP FiiO E07K
HTC android feeding DAC Hi-Res ALAC files via USB from "USB Audio Player Pro" music app

Jan 13, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #8 of 8
  I picked up a pair of these from Newegg on Black Friday.  $200.  I am very happy with the purchase, specially at that price point.  The design, materials, and workmanship is top notch on this set of cans.  I also love the fairly compact footprint for an "over the ear" set of cans.  The sound is very detailed but at the same time refined and smooth like butter.  The low end is not exaggerated and some bassheads will probably crave more from the low end but the low end is in fact fast, accurate and extends well to the lowest notes.  I'm mainly listening to Hi-Res Jazz (Hiromi, Four Play, Metheny) and some Hi-Res Rock (Steely Dan, Rush, Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac).  I would love to see a real professional audiophile take these for a review to see what they thought.  For me they are A+

Details:
SE-MX9 Black
DAC/AMP FiiO E07K
HTC android feeding DAC Hi-Res ALAC files via USB from "USB Audio Player Pro" music app

Our research indicates that Pioneer SE-MX9 3.5mm Connector Dynamic Stereo Headphones are $67 lower (31% savings) than the next best available price from a reputable merchant with prices starting from $217. - brisar
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?sdtid=7594054&SID=747aa9254d604d378dd18ac24c4cb270&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16826621056&cm_sp=

Enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back