Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Dec 5, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #1,173 of 2,535
I never understood how a variable line level was different than just using the headphone out...
Is there a digital out? I haven't found it.

Dec 5, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #1,174 of 2,535
how to set or where to find that settings on 300r?

Its in the settings under "Sound and notifications"

I never understood how a variable line level was different than just using the headphone out...
Is there a digital out? I haven't found it.

The variable line out mode gives a little more volume, it overrides the volume cap (only slightly), built in to protect numpties from their own crazyness.

The only digital out is via the USB socket to a compatible DAC. DragonFly Red, Mojo, iFi Nano BL etc.

Dec 5, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #1,175 of 2,535

The variable line out mode gives a little more volume, it overrides the volume cap (only slightly), built in to protect numpties from their own crazyness.

The only digital out is via the USB socket to a compatible DAC. DragonFly Red, Mojo, iFi Nano BL etc.

wow we can use micro usb to female otg? for ifi nano BL? nice nice as digital out?

Dec 5, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #1,176 of 2,535

Japan Version of 300r no Variable Lineout Settings is available. only EU and US

Dec 5, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #1,178 of 2,535
But, will it work with my Honda Accord (which doesn't see the Pioneer's Bluetooth)?
I'll give it a try one of these days.

Dec 7, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #1,179 of 2,535
Hello guys, I have headphones MEZE 99C - i do not have possibility to listen so will go blind, what to choose, FIIO X7 MKII or Pioneer XDP-300R. Mostly i will listen only to TIDAL online or offline mode.Thank you in advance for suggestions.

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #1,180 of 2,535
If you ask here people will say 300R if you ask over there in the Fiio thread people will say X7.

I quite like my 300R, I like the sound and the usability of the unit. It never crashes or "acts-up", can they say that over on the Fiio thread I wonder?

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:33 AM Post #1,181 of 2,535
If you ask here people will say 300R if you ask over there in the Fiio thread people will say X7.

I quite like my 300R, I like the sound and the usability of the unit. It never crashes or "acts-up", can they say that over on the Fiio thread I wonder?

What you mean quite like 300R? its good but not so good as you wish it could be? :) By the way you listened it with MEZE 99Classic?

Dec 7, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #1,182 of 2,535
Hello guys, I have headphones MEZE 99C - i do not have possibility to listen so will go blind, what to choose, FIIO X7 MKII or Pioneer XDP-300R. Mostly i will listen only to TIDAL online or offline mode.Thank you in advance for suggestions.

I have the 99C and the 300R. Love the combo. Also, I have Sheepskin pads from Brainwavz on my 99C.

Dec 7, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #1,183 of 2,535
What you mean quite like 300R? its good but not so good as you wish it could be? :) By the way you listened it with MEZE 99Classic?

For me it has a few quirks.

1. The volume cap is a bit restrictive for harder to drive headphones, e.g.. Sennheiser HD 650.
2. I don't really like the fact that 44.1Khz playback isn't bit-perfect, the up-sampling to 48Khz is done well, it sounds good, but its not bit-perfect.
3. Fragile sockets, fixed with epoxy in my case.
4. Poor battery life if using WiFi, streaming over Wifi isn't really practical for me.

Other than those four things its a great player and good value for money.

Dec 7, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #1,184 of 2,535
For me it has a few quirks.

1. The volume cap is a bit restrictive for harder to drive headphones, e.g.. Sennheiser HD 650.
2. I don't really like the fact that 44.1Khz playback isn't bit-perfect, the up-sampling to 48Khz is done well, it sounds good, but its not bit-perfect.
3. Fragile sockets, fixed with epoxy in my case.
4. Poor battery life if using WiFi, streaming over Wifi isn't really practical for me.

Other than those four things its a great player and good value for money.
Thank you for reply.

Dec 7, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #1,185 of 2,535
Yes, leaving WiFi on does indeed kill the battery. Wish it had a deep sleep like the Opus products. I just turn it off now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back