PK3/OK3/PK2
Mar 7, 2009 at 1:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

oldschool

500+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I am hesitating between these 3 YUIN models. I pretty much know what the deifferences between the PK3 and PK2 are, but has anyone compared the PK3 and OK3? Does the OK3 come close to PK2?

Mar 7, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #2 of 14
I don't have the OK-3 or PK-3, so I can't speak to the SQ. IIRC, the OK line has a longer warranty period, 1 year vs 90 days. Listening to OK-2 from D-10, atm. To my ears, ranking the SQ, PK-1>OK-2>PK-2.

Mar 7, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #3 of 14
PK2 is the most neutral, more cold sounding and recessed bass. PK3 is more fun and warm sounding with a decent bass extension but not as detailed in the highs. The PK1 is by far the best sounding, it is warm and extremely detailed at the same time. It is pretty much on par for all parts of the sound spectrum.

Mar 7, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #4 of 14
How about the OK3?
smily_headphones1.gif

This one seems to get the least attention.

Mar 8, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldschool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about the OK3?
smily_headphones1.gif

This one seems to get the least attention.

Sorry, can't help you there. Maybe someone can chime in.

Mar 8, 2009 at 1:20 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whats the difference between RE-2 and PK3?

i know PK are their earBUD lineup.. and OK is IEM... but what is special/different about RE?

RE2 is IEM too...

Mar 8, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whats the difference between RE-2 and PK3?

i know PK are their earBUD lineup.. and OK is IEM... but what is special/different about RE?

RE2 is more detailed, more isolation because it's an IEM, and has less bass. If you don't need the isolation, go with the PK series. If you are in a loud environment, the RE2 is worth considering.

Mar 29, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But if RE2 is more detailed, wouldn't one go for RE2 even if we weren't in a loud environment? Assuming we don't have canalphones/IEMs and we like detail

The problem is that the RE2 has very little punch. The PK series has a more fun sound, and there is plenty of detail. If you don't mind a thinner sound and detail is your top priority, it is possible that you would prefer the RE2.

Mar 29, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott549 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem is that the RE2 has very little punch. The PK series has a more fun sound, and there is plenty of detail. If you don't mind a thinner sound and detail is your top priority, it is possible that you would prefer the RE2.

IMO, in that case, PK2 would be the best bet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back