PLANAR IEMs fans thread-Impressions, suggestions, ranking list, techs
Dec 4, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #31 of 240
1701743189427.png

some of my planars IEMs....

was giving a listen back to Tangzu Zetian Heayday....twas underwhelming especially when i go to Letshuoer S15 after..

suddenly, the punch was round, well define, impactfull not mellow-pillowy...and macro dynamic get big readibility upgrade, layering being more articulate in instruments presence amplitudes difference...and timbre: richer, yet smoother and more natural.

Dec 4, 2023 at 10:24 PM Post #32 of 240
Thank You for starting this thread! I have also been on a Planar IEM kick the past year or so and was really happy when I saw this post----
My current line up--that I own in order that I purchased-

1) 7Hz Timeless-Rating A ( unfortunately right side is interment and needs repair
2) Moondrop Stellaris Rating B
3) Dunu Talos- Rating C
4) BASN ASONE Rating A
5) BASN MT Pro Rating B+
6) Kiwi Ears Melody B+
7) Hidizs MP145 A

Ordered Waiting For ---Letshuoer S15 7HZ Timeless II

Had and RETURNED-- Sivga Nightingale-( my unit may have been defective because it was flat and dull-absolutely the worst iem I ever heard)
Audeze Isine 20==non lightning cable--sounded terrible---

Really want to get---Tangzu Zetian Wu, Raptgo Hook X

Lots of others---looking forward to the next level of planars as the technology develops---it is getting better---

Dec 4, 2023 at 10:53 PM Post #33 of 240
Thank You for starting this thread! I have also been on a Planar IEM kick the past year or so and was really happy when I saw this post----
My current line up--that I own in order that I purchased-

1) 7Hz Timeless-Rating A ( unfortunately right side is interment and needs repair
2) Moondrop Stellaris Rating B
3) Dunu Talos- Rating C
4) BASN ASONE Rating A
5) BASN MT Pro Rating B+
6) Kiwi Ears Melody B+
7) Hidizs MP145 A

Ordered Waiting For ---Letshuoer S15 7HZ Timeless II

Had and RETURNED-- Sivga Nightingale-( my unit may have been defective because it was flat and dull-absolutely the worst iem I ever heard)
Audeze Isine 20==non lightning cable--sounded terrible---

Really want to get---Tangzu Zetian Wu, Raptgo Hook X

Lots of others---looking forward to the next level of planars as the technology develops---it is getting better---
happy to see you here mate, lot of planar you try, very cool

yes, Nightingale is super bass light...not a big fan tonaly wise too

Wu is quite nice, near basshead tbh hum, hard to find surely too since its discountinued

very curious to discover bout your finds mate!

Timeless 2 is out? i know a first version was presented...

Dec 4, 2023 at 11:02 PM Post #34 of 240
Still waiting for Timeless II to be released......last word was it was coming out in November but obviously that did not happen. You should give the Kiwi Melody a try--its only $ 89 and is really nice--tuned for fun--I really love it--not technical but just a fun listen and I REALLY love the BASN ASONE--its on sale on amazon for $ 130 now--really enjoy this iem-----
https://www.amazon.com/BASN-Monitors-Earphone-Detachable-Musicians/dp/B0BKSTKT6V/ref=sr_1_5_pp?crid=CADSLFLN5D8Q&keywords=basn+asone&qid=1701748919&sprefix=asone,aps,238&sr=8-5&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840

Dec 4, 2023 at 11:41 PM Post #35 of 240
Planar IEMs that I have so far:
- 7Hz Timeless - rating B
- Letshuoer S12 pro - rating B+
- Tangzu Wu Zetian Heyday - rating A
- Raptgo Hook-X - rating A+
- Hidiz M145 - rating A

Dec 5, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #38 of 240
Here ya fellas go (a planar I tuned).
1701789254120.png
The distribution across frequencies reminds me of the house sound of Unique Melody MEST series. Seems like a fun one. Are these available to buy?

Dec 5, 2023 at 8:02 PM Post #39 of 240
Correct! I tried to emulate the MEST tuning. The answer is.. Ive made about 30 of them.. and got so mad at the drivers for being bad consistency.. I have 9 right now sitting on my shelf being turds. So.. you could bug me... I've done a ton of reviews on these IEMs. They are called Glamdring.

Dec 6, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #41 of 240
Hey Eric, Thanks for creating this thread so there is some form of community archival place to compile a lot of the planars that has recently been rejuvenated by I think none other that Tin P1 (correct me if I'm wrong).

Anyhow, currently there are 3 sets of planar I currenly own. I'll order it in the list of which I first purchased to last
  1. Letshuoer S12 Pro
  2. Tin Hifi P1
  3. Moondrop Stellaris
Each of them does have their own shortcomings with Moondrop Stellaris being particularly the most niche sounding of them all. And as surprising as it may be, Tin Hifi P1 currently sit atop as the set that I would want to reach for and just get excited by how a track will sound while S12 Pro is just an easy travel choice for its rather all rounder sound, easy to power while on the go.
very interesting to have a Stellaris owner here. havent try this one cause the graph scare me so much....especially the 13db upper mids spike.
1701871598749.png

indeed it look niche...crisp and airy....bright mids....curious about the bass part though...

oh, im both surprise and not surrprise by your choice, P1 still get lotta lovin but since its an old model its less hyped and prromote...

i still love them but P1plus is quite a step up in clean clarity. its my no1 planar for technicalities....and thats puzzling because it perhaps underline planar tech evolve slowly in 2023. i guess the double sided magnet used are of great quality, this can inflict alot on transient response speed and distortion. for ex, not exactly planar but both TRN Xuanwu and Celest Gomiho use same SPD driver but with one difference: magnets quality. and TRN SPD is super noisy boomy, less clean and speedy than Celest.

Dec 6, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #42 of 240
very interesting to have a Stellaris owner here. havent try this one cause the graph scare me so much....especially the 13db upper mids spike.
1701871598749.png

indeed it look niche...crisp and airy....bright mids....curious about the bass part though...

oh, im both surprise and not surrprise by your choice, P1 still get lotta lovin but since its an old model its less hyped and prromote...

i still love them but P1plus is quite a step up in clean clarity. its my no1 planar for technicalities....and thats puzzling because it perhaps underline planar tech evolve slowly in 2023. i guess the double sided magnet used are of great quality, this can inflict alot on transient response speed and distortion. for ex, not exactly planar but both TRN Xuanwu and Celest Gomiho use same SPD driver but with one difference: magnets quality. and TRN SPD is super noisy boomy, less clean and speedy than Celest.
What people fail to mention is the Stellarus has bass lovely loud thumping bass

Dec 6, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #44 of 240
What people fail to mention is the Stellarus has bass lovely loud thumping bass
yes...i was surprise to see this sub bass lift...i was thinking its way flatter...so i guess we got a fast clean boom? but no chunky roundness for kick?

lol exactly the question im typing...thats the harmanish basshead way bro! thin but probant boom. perhaps...since ive seen lift that begin extactly at 200hz too...

Dec 6, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #45 of 240
Planar of today is the Kefine Klanar....cause i feel obligate to listen back to them and confirrm they are good cause my review make headfi front page...

still surprise how smooth, warm and natural they sound, near mid centric to me since saxophone, vocal and even piano sound weighty, wide and lush in presence...not too edgy yet not too dark...they jump at you so pinna gain might be a bit high for some...but its not sibilant or shouty
to some extend ill say its logical upgrade to Tangzu Wu

but at same time, its not a planar that push higher the technicalities. in that regard, its more of the same and just a well tuned planar surely using same famous driver than S12, Wu, talos etc...

1701883805590.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back