Please advise: Wood headphones preservation
Nov 29, 2010 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Banned at his own request
Hello all,

I have recently traded for a pair of ATH-EW9. I simply would like to know some simple yet effective ways of preserving that wood, while not offing the gold lettering.
The only thing I've heard of is lemon oil. If that is right, then when should I apply it (probably will apply it when I first get the EW9), how much should I apply it and at what frequency/interval?
Or, does the EW9 require any treatment at all?

Thank you very much.

Nov 29, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
Hello all,

I have recently traded for a pair of ATH-EW9. I simply would like to know some simple yet effective ways of preserving that wood, while not offing the gold lettering.
The only thing I've heard of is lemon oil. If that is right, then when should I apply it (probably will apply it when I first get the EW9), how much should I apply it and at what frequency/interval?

Thank you very much.

with that high gloss finish, I doubt it...moisture and such and such should only affect untreated wood

Nov 29, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
Quote:
Hello all,

Thank you very much.

with that high gloss finish, I doubt it...moisture and such and such should only affect untreated wood

Alright, thought it got treated already when I saw those reflective photos.
But what about the inside? I've seen the Denon D5000/D7000 innards, and that is untreated wood (on the inside). And I don't feel like disassembling the beautiful EW9 and such and such...

EDIT: Oh yeah, just saw a review indicating Pledge.

Nov 29, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hello all,

Thank you very much.

But what about the inside? I've seen the Denon D5000/D7000 innards, and that is untreated wood (on the inside). And I don't feel like disassembling the beautiful EW9 and such and such...

it's kinda like a violin, as long as you don't leave it in a hot car, overly humid climate or super dry or overly cold, you should be fine (note, letting them take a swim is like a extreme version of an overly humid climate)

Nov 29, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hello all,

Thank you very much.

it's kinda like a violin, as long as you don't leave it in a hot car, overly humid climate or super dry or overly cold, you should be fine (note, letting them take a swim is like a extreme version of an overly humid climate)

Yeah, eh? I never expose any pieces of electronics below 0C (that's 32F for you guys). And during the hot summer days (90F+) I don't even listen anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back