Please help identify these JVC earphones
Jan 3, 2015 at 5:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

MorrisL

100+ Head-Fier
Some girl at work is willing to sell me these JVC earphones (HA E200) for very cheap ($10). I can't find any real info on these online. Seems like they've long been discontinued. Not even a mention of them on JVC's own site.

Anyone happens to know them or heard of them? 

Jan 4, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #2 of 10
I found a page where their msrp is listed to be 125 bucks. Does that mean much? Does it at least mean I can expect these to be of better quality than my apple earbuds?

Please help me figure out what quality (even if vaguely) of a product I'm looking at. 

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/headphones-home-audio/headphones/jvc/ha-e200-headphones/prd_458379_2750crx.aspx

Jan 4, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #3 of 10
ten  bucks....take her out for a meal,
then take your time to test it out infront of her.
report back your find/fine.

Jan 4, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #4 of 10
  ten  bucks....take her out for a meal,
then take your time to test it out infront of her.
report back your find/fine.

This.
Who cares? Its ten bucks. If it's absolutely terrible you could get a laugh out of them like I did with some cheap maxells a long time ago.

Besides its MSRP is 125. I doubt it'll sound like nails on chalkboard

Jan 4, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #5 of 10
http://www.ciao.co.uk/JVC_HA_E200__Review_5541036

even if sound comes out at that price, and if you get a date out of it also I say try lorspeaker's advice....
ph34r.gif

Jan 5, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #6 of 10
Well, that's pretty much what I did... She's spoken for, so I didn't care to spend any quality time with her... other than getting those earphones. 
redface.gif

Let me just tell you, though, the sound is actually really nice. It's got a smooth, warm signature. But because the phones sit on your ears at some distance, it actually produces the opposite effect sometimes. It can become somewhat harsh and sibilant with certain recordings. You kinda have to push 'em a little close to your ears to get the pleasant warmth. But I tried some EQ and then I never had to worry any harshness. They're sweet and pleasant whatever I listen to. 

I don't know what to compare them to. I've used relatively few earphones. The ones I used to prefer were the regular apple buds, but they are clearly inferior to these HA E200's. Inferior in every way imaginable. Now I don't wonder why the msrp is so high 125. For $10, I basically stole it from her, unsuspecting as she was about their real value. 

One thing that's impossible not to love about these is the comfort! My god, these things are comfortable! Your ears are completely undisturbed! I used to work long hours online and needed to be connected through some headphones and earphones, and I used to dream about having something like this. Dream come true!

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #7 of 10
u can double sleeve the earbud....with the center of the 2nd foam cut out,
this will likely give u a tighter fit, and increase the bass.

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #8 of 10
It is probably similar to the Koss KSC75. 

http://www.ciao.co.uk/JVC_HA_E200__Review_5541036

Jan 8, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #9 of 10
Very similar. I hope the KSC75s are this comfortable. If you wanna forget you've anything on your ears while staying connected, watching late night youtube videos or having a lightweight portable pair, these things are unmatched. 

I'm getting more and more used to the sound quality too and it's actually pretty amazing. The kind of detail I'm getting with these is hard to believe. I'm sure others who have these can attest.

I have no idea why in the world JVC would discontinue something as great as these! Glad there's the KSC75! It's a cheaper alternative to these JVC phones, and I imagine the quality is slightly inferior. Never heard the KSC75s. Can't be sure.

Jan 8, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #10 of 10
  u can double sleeve the earbud....with the center of the 2nd foam cut out,
this will likely give u a tighter fit, and increase the bass.

Knowing how rare these are to find today (pretty much impossible), I'm afraid to mess with them. And they're getting better and better as I get used to them.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back